• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the having to lose to win draft

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I know OS, unlucky but rules are rules.
I don't mean to come off as a complainer, but I feel, moving forward atleast, that if say, someone else picks for a poster, that poster should be able to come in and make his actual pick as long as he does it before the next guy picks. That's fair imo.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd be hostile too if you hadn't eaten a pork roll all day.
not to derail the thread, but pork rolls were my staple food last year(lived in newtown). an awesome little spot on king street does them for 5 bucks

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
not to derail the thread, but pork rolls were my staple food last year(lived in newtown). an awesome little spot on king street does them for 5 bucks
Pretty sure I walked past that place the other day. And holy **** the pie shop near the station is glorious.

USYD student, ftr.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Marrickville Pork Roll the little hole in the wall is the best pork roll I've had. I can't think of the pie shop you're talking about unless it's the Pie Tie which is superb.

Red Hill > Camo999 > Schearzie

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Red Hill CC

Arthur Morris
~
~
Hassett
~
~
Matthews
~
~
Harbhajan
Bedi

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Marrickville Pork Roll the little hole in the wall is the best pork roll I've had. I can't think of the pie shop you're talking about unless it's the Pie Tie which is superb.

Red Hill > Camo999 > Schearzie
Nah, it's called Newtown Pies I think. Corner of King St and Mary St, about 100m past the Aboriginal services centre if you're walking from the direction of the King St/Enmore Rd intersection.

The Chicken, Bacon & Avocado pie is absolutely great.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah, it's called Newtown Pies I think. Corner of King St and Mary St, about 100m past the Aboriginal services centre if you're walking from the direction of the King St/Enmore Rd intersection.

The Chicken, Bacon & Avocado pie is absolutely great.
Sounds tasty, I'll have to go there. Yeah figured it was a difference place as The Pie Tin isn't that close to the station - its on Brown Street, turn down from that Chicken Shop on the corner.

mr_mister

Pretty sure I walked past that place the other day. And holy **** the pie shop near the station is glorious.

USYD student, ftr.
i'm usyd too, woohoo. Nursing student.

And yeah that pork roll place i'm talking about is in some little mini centre, up a ramp just to your left after newtown station. theres a gym, foodworks and bottleshop up that ramp.

i used to live at the foot of newtown station until earlier this year, at the bottom of that little lane that pedestrians and cars share. small world

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds tasty, I'll have to go there. Yeah figured it was a difference place as The Pie Tin isn't that close to the station - its on Brown Street, turn down from that Chicken Shop on the corner.
Pls give directions in terms of the Trotskyist Bookshop. That's legitimately the only thing I know well in Newtown (I walk up from uni from time to time). Can also orient myself to the Enmore Theatre, Oporto and Young Henry's these days.

i'm usyd too, woohoo. Nursing student.

And yeah that pork roll place i'm talking about is in some little mini centre, up a ramp just to your left after newtown station. theres a gym, foodworks and bottleshop up that ramp.

i used to live at the foot of newtown station until earlier this year, at the bottom of that little lane that pedestrians and cars share. small world
Arts/Science for me. International Relations & Geography.

I really need to go to Newtown more #HipsterDanThoughts

mr_mister

I much prefer Glebe Point Road to King Street. The nightlife is obviously not as good, but the food is better. And I love the wide streets of Glebe, can actually park my car.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I much prefer Glebe Point Road to King Street. The nightlife is obviously not as good, but the food is better. And I love the wide streets of Glebe, can actually park my car.
GPR's too isolated IMO. Plus the main drag is far too long, to get from Broadway to my old house would take like 20 minutes. To get to say where the shops stop to the train station in Newtown takes like 10 (though of course King St extends to St Peters).

That said, there was a bakery near my high school in Glebe that served quality pork rolls. Used to be huge queues all the time at lunchtime. NFI what the quality is like in Newtown.

mr_mister

hmm, I never venture past St Johns road, except once to watch UFC at the AB. From St Johns to Broadway it's awesome. And I drive around a lot so it doesn't feel isolated to me. Both a short walk to Sydney Uni

HeathDavisSpeed

Hard to find the draft list amongst all this talk of pork rolls.

Hard to concentrate on the draft with all this thinking about pork rolls.

mmmmm. Pork rolls.