• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greats

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
9 south africans and no room for Sir Richard Hadlee (or Martin Crowe for that matter) who were both better than half of those S.African in your list.....strange call
Hadlee through an oversight (since corrected), Crowe on purpose not because he wasnt one of the best one has ever seen but the dividing line between those you JUST leave out and the last one's included will always be thin.

As far as comparing Crowe with the South Africans....I could say no comments or hide behind , my personal opinion, but honestly those in the list one hasnt seen are not easy to compare and one goes by historical records (read writings by authoritative sources) and those one has seen viz barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Mike Proctor (as all rounder), well, they were in a different class than Crowe.

Now I would like to add, this is my personal opinion. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slifer said:
I think the WI are missing Ambrose and Walsh.
Sure. The list of those missing would be longer than those included I assure you. But then..... :)

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Slats4ever said:
james can you please stop posting ur updated list. TBH nobody really cares
Slats4ever, I care about what james has to say, as do many others here. He has seen more of the 'greats' than any of us here...so why don't leave him be...you might learn something about players before 1990...believe it or not cricket has been around longer than you or i (or james for that matter).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Have to agree. Hadlee was a better bowler than Allan Donald by a fair distance (That's saying something considering how good Donald was) and whilst Waqar had the potential before injury to become one of the best fast bowlers ever, he never did so how Waqar is a great and not Hadlee is equally as puzzling.
As I have already posted, missing Hadlee was an oversight.
I have constatntly rated him one of the greatest new ball bowlers of all time in different threads so it should be obvious :)

But it can happen in a big list you know ;)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to have some volunteers to help me with the tabulations, keeping track of nominations etc because I cant cope up with the influx of the votes and nominations.

Maybe people who are having some spare time can help out.

Cheers.