• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Ever Test Innings Played At Perth

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah it was good, but tbh nothing particularly outstanding cf Fredericks and Walters in particular.

TheJediBrah

I know it was a dead pitch but Taylor's 290 in 2015 was pretty memorable as a NZ fan.
Nah that makes a mockery of this thread. Same if you mentioned Warner's 250 in a day or KWs knock in the same game. "Dead pitch" is an understatement

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly as nice a man as you'd ever meet, is Dougie.

I love when he hooks Willis for six of the last ball the way he just turns around and walks off as if nothing has happened (at 5.45 here).

Almost certainly off for a stubbie and a ciggie.

I met him once too as a young'un, and you're spot on - the nicest bloke you could ever meet, couldn't do enough for me. Signed his autograph three times with two different pens as it wasn't working and he wanted to make sure I had a good one.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
gowers 136 there in 86 was gun. think he got a couple of tons at perth.

there are numerous absurdly quick scoring tons there from west indian players. vivs 146 there in 88 was brutal. didn't gayle slog a century there too in no time at all?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Amazed no one has mentioned Gilly's in '06

Probably wasn't the greatest in the fact there was 2 other tons in the innings, but pretty sure he was on for the fastest ton ever for most of it?

I remember it so well as I was drinking with a few Aussies and recall saying with infinite wisdom (and sincerity) that it's a shame we'll never see this bloke destroy a side in a session again. 45 mins later........

Last edited:

Burgey

The innings which basically ended Swann's career with the whimper it deserved. Just couldn't cop it, could he? Spat the dummy and went home with his side 3-0 down. Woeful.

Burgey

Was the new stadium tbf. Fine knock all the same. Off side driving that day was exceptional