• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Great Ajit Agarkar thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Has any one looked cooler?

The great man has become a dad as Jono said and he is also going strong having taken the first two wickets of the Lankan inning.

A living legend, if ever there was one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Damn right. AA jnr or Mini-AA, however you want to say it, is going to be really proud of his father when Ajit calls it a day.

I wonder if AA's son will have ears like his dad. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mike Hussey said:
Ah, The one who scored 7 test match ducks in a row against Australia?
You exaggerate greatly :@

It was five :sleep:
He scored some runs after the first five ducks against unimportant opposition. Then when the Aussies were oposite him again, he did it again twice.

Ah our Ajit !! The famous Bombay Duck

In 13 consecutive innings against the Aussies after a modest 19 first time up he scored
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 12, 11, 0*, 0, 1, 2 Can you beat that ?? And all away from home before cheering Aussie fans
Only in the last game, the first in India against the Aussies that he let up a bit and scored 15 and 44 no.

Attaboy Ajit.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
Ah our Ajit !! The famous Bombay Duck

In 13 consecutive innings against the Aussies after a modest 19 first time up he scored
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 12, 11, 0*, 0, 1, 2
It is a sign of the true genius of the man that he can put such minor setbacks behind him, and come back with sensational performances such as today's.

5 wickets, a catch, a run-out. No doubt the esteemed Indian upper order will wilt in the face of fearsome Murali pressure and AA will get to bat too.

And score a duck.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In all seriousness, I wonder what the great AA was thinking when he had that streak of ducks. I mean what do you say?

"Damn... at least I'm consistent"

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
In all seriousness, I wonder what the great AA was thinking when he had that streak of ducks. I mean what do you say?

"Damn... at least I'm consistent"
That kind of a run from someone who isnt a total wreck with the bat has to do a bit with dastardly bad luck. Later as it started piling up it would have affected him mentally. What with crowds chanting Bombay Duck or whatever they did. It must have been terrible and though a genius, our Ajit is human after all...or is he ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
No doubt the esteemed Indian upper order will wilt in the face of fearsome Murali pressure ....
Nooo pleaeaease uncle Nostradamus NO !!!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
our Ajit is human after all...or is he ?
If he isn't, it's worth bearing in mind that he has just become a father.

Did anyone ever see that film starring Julie Christie - "The Demon Seed"?

Be very afraid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally I think he was just a victim of what we call the opposite.

Someone had to counter Laxman. If Laxman is so absolutely brilliant with the bat against Australia, then there had to be a player who was crap. Unfortunately Ajit was that man :p

I remember looking at his face after the commentators were pretty much mocking him over here in Aus (obviously they were at the time unaware of AA's greatness :p) and just thinking "You poor bugger."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:
If he isn't, it's worth bearing in mind that he has just become a father.

Did anyone ever see that film starring Julie Christie - "The Demon Seed"?

Be very afraid.
The big ears may be a sign.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Ah!

(have we got a "Smug" smiley?)
Just you waiyte LuckyEddie, just you waiyte.

Big ears is going to come with steam coming out of his nostrils and smoke from his ears and banish Murali to the dustbins of history.

Just you waiyte...