• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Dismantling of India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't say much wrong about that post tbh
How is the bolded part a lie?

South Africa, Australia and England have all lost/drawn series at home and Pak have dropped tests at home.

lol mate you were the guy who just a few hours ago was trying to claim that slower and lower pitches suited Australia's fast bowlers more than faster and bouncy wickets
What does that have to do with my post here?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here we go again with the myth about Pak's "away success". Before this year, they'd barely ventured outside Asia for 6 years FFS. Last time they did, they got smashed 3-0 in SA and only drew in WI and Zimbabwe (:laugh:).

So their away success consists of one drawn series in England. Not remotely comparable to what SA have achieved.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

What does that have to do with my post here?
I read it as you having a go at listento_me's posting, apologies if I misread the tone

Here we go again with the myth about Pak's "away success". Before this year, they'd barely ventured outside Asia for 6 years FFS. Last time they did, they got smashed 3-0 in SA and only drew in WI and Zimbabwe (:laugh:).
well, technically almost every series Pakistan have played in the last decade has been away

from a certain point of view

OverratedSanity

"some success " is fair enough though. The 2-2 in England was undoubtedly impressive.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
No one will even Bangladesh a chance to dismantle India. Tamim banging away their bowlers and the spin procession of Fizzy, Shakib and Mahmdullah would be too much for them!!!!!!!!&! :ranting:

vcs

UAE is not away for them. It's no one else's fault that opposing teams have to fear for their security in Pakistan. Sharjah in the '90s used to be a huge stronghold for them anyway.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol mate you were the guy who just a few hours ago was trying to claim that slower and lower pitches suited Australia's fast bowlers more than faster and bouncy wickets

Lol.. the only thing I claimed there was that the pitches they played on against India in 2014/15 helped them as it accentuated the difference in quality between the bowling sides, Australia being the better bowling side. Tracks with more help for the bowlers would have brought them closer. A simple point which you seem to want to argue against for some reason. And I am honestly not going to get into the slow/low vs fast/bouncy thing about pitches again here. There are whole pages of posts for people to read through if they want to know our respective positions on it, if they can read between the insults flying back and forth. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I read it as you having a go at listento_me's posting, apologies if I misread the tone

well, technically almost every series Pakistan have played in the last decade has been away

from a certain point of view

Wont be a sensible PoV given pitch is prepared by PCB curators.

OverratedSanity

Pakistan's home record is undoubtedly overrated though. I remember posting many months ago how uae being a "fortress" was way overplayed,considering they'd dropped tests to SL, NZ, and SA. They've gone and lost a test to WI too since then, and weren't even that dominant in the series overall.

Last edited:

vcs

"some success " is fair enough though. The 2-2 in England was undoubtedly impressive.
In terms of away success, there's SA and then there's everyone else.

SA (won in England, Australia, NZ, SL, drew in UAE)
daylight
more daylight
Australia (won in SA, NZ, WI)
Pakistan (beat SL, drew in England)
India (beat SL and WI)
England (beat SA)
NZ (drew in England and UAE, won in WI)

I can barely separate the last 3, or even the last 4 in terms of away performances.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That was the whole point. Trust ltm to post bigging up Pak record and ridiculing India every post in such threads.

OverratedSanity

In terms of away success, there's SA and then there's everyone else.

SA (won in England, Australia, NZ, SL, drew in UAE)
daylight
more daylight
Australia (won in SA, NZ, WI)
Pakistan (beat SL, drew in England)
India (beat SL and WI)
England (beat SA)
NZ (drew in England and UAE, won in WI)

I can barely separate the last 3, or even the last 4 in terms of away performances.
I don't disagree, but it all comes down to how far back you want to go back for results to consider. Last 4 years or so, SA clearly superior. Last 2 years, eh.

vcs

The schedules have been such that SA have barely played in the last 2 years. Can't penalize them for that. And clearly they haven't lost their away magic touch, as they showed in Australia. So I'm not willing to discard their results in SL, UAE, England etc., which were achieved with Smith, Steyn etc. and AB/Amla in top form. It could change in the next cycle, for sure. They'll find it harder to repeat. Then again, we said that before the Australia series, so dunno.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan's home record is undoubtedly overrated though. I remember posting many months ago how uae being a "fortress" was way overplayed,considering they'd dropped tests to SL, NZ, and SA. They've gone and lost a test to WI too since then, and weren't even that dominant in the series overall.
Is it really such a concern if you are winning the entire series though? Since the UAE, they have played nine series 5w 4d 0L. I think most countries would be quite willing to drop tests yet end up with that series record.

listento_me

U19 Captain
wth are you on about? they have won test series' there and hammered test number ones England and Australia (think they were number one when they toured). I mean genuinely hammer. They also battered the Windies across all formats. Yes the test series was kinda close but Pak won 2-1 and the final match was a dead rubber and by that point Pakistan had been playing cricket consistently since the start of the English summer. A bit of tiredness is going to creep him. Especially considering the players are literally away from their families for most of the time.

Pakistan do not have genuine home field advantage.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is it really such a concern if you are winning the entire series though? Since the UAE, they have played nine series 5w 4d 0L. I think most countries would be quite willing to drop tests yet end up with that series record.
Not for winning series but given it is at home and other teams are winning and/or not losing a higher percentage of those games, and given that they dont cover themselves with glory away, it is gonna impact how they get rated. Pretty obvious why really.

srbhkshk

International Captain
3-0 has to be considered better than 2-1. Otherwise why even have any matches once the series is decided?