• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Classic Draft - Voting Thread

Vote for the Top-3 teams

• Teuton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trundler

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • AndyZaltzHair

• Red Hill

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Milenko47

• fredfertang

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Michaelf7777777

• Pothas

• honestbharani

• Saint Kopite

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • stephen

• Magrat Garlick

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • AndrewB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you are being harsh on Hanif.

Hanif was a very good opener and is usually considered amongst Top-5 Pakistani batsmen along with the likes of Miandad, Younis, Inzy and Yousuf.

A very gritty batsman who was a one-man show in batting for Pakistan most of the times during the 50s and 60s.

Mominul, yeah. He is underwhelming in comparison but frankly 3/4 odd teams aside teams aside most have a meh/average batsman/bowler in their team. With Hobbs, Hammond, Dravid, Waugh and AB there, 5 of the Top-25/30 batsmen of all time, I am fine with compensating it there tbh.
Probably. I guess part of it is that Hanif and Mominul both stand in very stark contrast to the other 9 blokes in your team. By any standard Hanif was a fine batsman, no doubt. But compared players like Boycott or Anwar, who are middling players by the standards of this draft he's lesser.

It's all relative and your side is very strong. On a different day it'd be in my top 3. It's very hard to properly rate the sides given how close they all are.