• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn's numbers against Australia are pretty great imo. Almost 5 wickets a game, avg 27 and many of those tests played on real roads.

The England thing is a little weird. England rolled out some pretty flat decks too on which Englands bowlers got stomped but he still shouldve done better in those conditions. His outswinger shouldve been a far more deadly weapon in England than it actually was in practice.
How many? Like 2?

trundler

Cummins regularly picks up 4-5 wickets a game on roads. As soon as he hits 300 wickets he's past Davo for me.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I have genuinely heard some here in Australia criticising Cummins because he seldom swings it. Just seems absurd to me that, he has plenty of other ways to get people out

Bloke is a weapon

trundler

Those are the same people who think Lee was better than McGrath. We come here to laugh at those people.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I just Googled to see if anyone has ever said that Lee is better than McGrath, and the first hit is someone asking whether Jasprit Bumrah is better than both of them.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Off the current discussion, but this tweet popped up in my T/L and thought I'd share it because even though it's just a ODD game, a few of these off side shots really show how fast Waugh's hands were.

In my mind, the shot Waugh played at the 57 second mark, the wristy drive through backward cover is his most iconic shot. Nobody else played it quite the same. It was so distinctively Steve Waugh, even if his slog sweep is more celebrated.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni played it very similarly.

For me Steve Waugh was best on the leg side. Was wristy in a stodgy inelegant way.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I'm by no means a fan of Brett Lee, but comparing express bowlers when one has played 14 tests and the other has played 76 tests is silly and disrespectful.
I think most would rate Bond over Lee, and Bumrah hasn't played that many less tests and, as per the other thread, done it against better opposition.
For all Lee's underutilised talent, I think Bumrah is also more talented than Lee.

Of course Lee has been there, done that and proven it (but not to a great degree in tests).

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
10000/500 XI

Cook
Gavaskar
Lara
Tendulkar
Kallis
Border*
Sangakkara+
Warne
Anderson