• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Mr Miyagi

Banned
:laugh:

You either genuinely have no clue what I'm talking about, or are deliberately acting obtuse and going through great lengths to not engage with it. Either way, it's hilarious.

It's okay. I made my point. Everyone reading this thread will see you were wrong and unable to accept it :) You don't need to repeat yourself.
Sure you did. *nods* Sure you did.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a time and a place to appreciate hand eye, and then with tennis, to appreciate stamina and fitness, power, and then, to encompass all of that with speed. Bo Jackson was a freak result of selective breeding as the result of slavery. That's not being racist. Quite the opposite. He was the result of selective breeding and luck of accident of birth at its finest.

The American slavery created a super species of sports god's, and he is the king that stands tall above all else.
It's nice to see that you're saying you weren't going to descend into racist polemic. You were damned close there. Especially when I can see the vast majority of athletics records being not held by Americans, or even 'slave descendants' if you will, despite the amount of cash they pour into it.

I do think that your reduction of sports to pure figures of speed and strength are strongly misplaced, but hey if you want to take such a reductionist view to everything that is your prerogative.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

You either genuinely have no clue what I'm talking about, or are deliberately acting obtuse and going through great lengths to not engage with it. Either way, it's hilarious.
lol I thought I was the only one who noticed this. It does get pretty funny. You can flat out say "I'm not talking about X, I'm talking about Y" multiple times, and he'll still keep posting the same thing about X over and over.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
It's nice to see that you're saying you weren't going to descend into racist polemic. You were damned close there. Especially when I can see the vast majority of athletics records being not held by Americans, or even 'slave descendants' if you will, despite the amount of cash they pour into it.

I do think that your reduction of sports to pure figures of speed and strength are strongly misplaced, but hey if you want to take such a reductionist view to everything that is your prerogative.
Not close at all. Unlike racists, I think that the racism of slavery with its hand picking of the best physical specimens, caused the freakish anomaly of fine athletic talent pro rata seen in the Americas. It is the opposite of racism and its negative connotations of inferiority. If anything, this is superiority.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

There's a time and a place to appreciate hand eye, and then with tennis, to appreciate stamina and fitness, power, and then, to encompass all of that with speed. Bo Jackson was a freak result of selective breeding as the result of slavery. That's not being racist. Quite the opposite. He was the result of selective breeding and luck of accident of birth at its finest.

The American slavery created a super species of sports god's, and he is the king that stands tall above all else
lol did someone actually say that or did you get that from somewhere?

Not close at all. Unlike racists, I think that the racism of slavery with its hand picking of the best physical specimens, caused the freakish anomaly of fine athletic talent pro rata seen in the Americas. It is the opposite of racism and its negative connotations of inferiority. If anything, this is superiority.
dude that's not what racism is. Go to America and say "Black people are better at basketball because they're black" (let alone mention your slavery idea) and see how it's received. Racism isn't just obviously "negative" things.

"Asians are better at maths" --> that's racist

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
lol I thought I was the only one who noticed this. It does get pretty funny. You can flat out say "I'm not talking about X, I'm talking about Y" multiple times, and he'll still keep posting the same thing about X over and over.
So what is *****'s assertion. Answer for him. *****, no help. TJB has brought himself into this, and you say you have said it, so let him speak for you.

Or both of you grow up and admit when you're wrong ;)

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
dude that's not what racism is. Go to America and say "Black people are better at basketball because they're black" (let alone mention your slavery idea) and see how it's received. Racism isn't just obviously "negative" things.

"Asians are better at maths" --> that's racist

What if I told you that Asians are better at maths than Western Europeans, but white western Europeans just earn more and have more money?

What would you say?

That I'm racist for being reverse-racist?

Black people are better at basketball because they're typically taller and more athletic than white people. Facts are facts.

The USA slavery has created the biggest anomaly in sports ability seen anywhere in the world. This is a fact you could sell shoes on for Nike.

So what caused it if not the hand picking of athletic persons?

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what is *****'s assertion. Answer for him. *****, no help. TJB has brought himself into this, and you say you have said it, so let him speak for you.

OLr both of you grow up and admit when you're wrong ;)
Telling people to grow up is a really wonderful form of fallacious argument, especially when the person saying so comes like a second year uni student who thinks he knows a lot but has little ability to apply his rhetoric to evidence and create a convincing argument. Cutting out this line of thinking would help you a lot in your relationship with the other board members.

TheJediBrah

Or both of you grow up and admit when you're wrong ;)
I couldn't care less about your argument with *****

How are either diametrically opposed with your use of "or"?

Is English you first language?
Clearly my intention was "did someone here say that". Congratulations you picked out a meaningless typo.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Telling people to grow up is a really wonderful form of fallacious argument, especially when the person saying so comes like a second year uni student who thinks he knows a lot but has little ability to apply his rhetoric to evidence and create a convincing argument. Cutting out this line of thinking would help you a lot in your relationship with the other board members.
Oh not you, - don't you ever grow up Starfighter.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
So the issue in this ad hominem debate, in case you forgot, as Australian cricket fans have,

is Donald Bradman just another Phil the Power Taylor with hand eye coordination, or does he deserve a seat with athletes who played professional sports and could run 100m under 10.4 and get Olympic medals except they were too busy dominating NFL and hitting a baseball in the MLB for mega bucks like Bo Jackson?

Phil the Power Taylor, Don Bradman or Bo Jackson, who is the greatest ever sportsman and why?

If you claim Bradman, why is he better than the fine and magnificent athlete that is Phil the Power Taylor (who dominated a professional sports in big money that is more global sport than cricket is now?)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I want to see how Miyagi digs himself out of this racist hole he is digging himself into. Everyone remember how he insinuated I must not speak English natively because he assumed I had brown skin?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I want to see how Miyagi digs himself out of this racist hole he is digging himself into. Everyone remember how he insinuated I must not speak English natively because he assumed I had brown skin?
Nah - I think per capita, Afro Americans are the best sportsmen in the world.

At worst, I'm racist to everybody else not descended from slavery.

At best - I'm reverse racist (which I am in fact imo - I deplore racism).

There's no hole. I say it proudly. Afro-Americans per capita are better athletes.

The Olympics for cheap events has been their playground for nearly 100 years.

What more proof do you need?

Last edited: