• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Teja's interview questions

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of sarky comments (okay occasional rather than lots, but never mind) about this subject. What's it all about? I get that there are interview questions that are taking a while to be answered. But what's the exact timeline and what are the questions? (This might be searchable within the forum but I refuse to use search engines that don't provide money or *****).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lots of sarky comments (okay occasional rather than lots, but never mind) about this subject. What's it all about? I get that there are interview questions that are taking a while to be answered. But what's the exact timeline and what are the questions? (This might be searchable within the forum but I refuse to use search engines that don't provide money or *****).
Its one of those things that are actually valuable only so long as it remains a possibility, and not a reality.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rough timeline is as follows:
28 March 2020 - Adders opens interview thread to sound out interest
30 March 2020 to 3 June 2020 - Approx. 30 CW members are asked sets of interview questions and all answer promptly (even PEWS)
4 June 2020 - Uppercut posts interview questions for Teja, who volunteered to be interviewed
4 June 2020 to current date - [N/A]

I still believe in @teja though. (Here are the questions for you again by the way, mate.)

Questions for Teja:

1. Age/location/occupation?

2. What brought you to CW, and why have you stuck around?

3. You tend to go through phases where you post a lot, and phases where you don’t post much at all. Why? When you’re not posting much, what do you do with all the extra time?

4. What do you like about cricket?

5. Who is your favourite-ever cricketer, and why?

6. Have you played much cricket, and if so, what type of player were you?

7. You posted a while back about having recently overcome a substance abuse problem, and the ongoing fight against some associated mental health issues. How are you getting on now?

8. What are your favourite/least favourite aspects of working in law?

9. What would be your dream job?

10. Something about your personality makes me think that you would have been seen as an incredibly gifted child when growing up. Is this accurate? If so/if not, how has that affected your life?

11. Like a few members of the forum, you’ve previously played poker to a professional level. How would you describe that experience? AFAIK you don’t play seriously any more - why did you stop?

12. One of your One of the best posts on CW was on the historical origins of the “untouchable” castes. Do you think India is moving in the right direction with regards to caste-based discrimination, or is the general population becoming more like Sunil Gavaskar?

13. Do you think India is moving in the right direction generally?

14. One of the reasons I found that post so interesting was that it suggested that a society of a billion people was structured in a very specific way because of small and somewhat trivial decisions taken thousands of years ago. Yet over time, that society developed reams of incredibly rich narrative that rationalised that structure as having emerged for deep and meaningful reasons. Do you think most widely-respected social institutions actually exist for reasons that are complete bull****?

15. One of the many things we have in common is a tendency to find games hopelessly addictive. What are the key ingredients of a good game?

16. When you want to improve at something – a game, an aspect of your job, another hobby – what do you do?

17. What have you achieved in your life so far that makes you most proud?

18. What’s the most insightful thing you’ve ever read?

19. Are you:
a. A sociopath?
b. Clueless?
c. A loser?

20. Finally, if you were stuck on a desert island, choose one of the following to take:
a. Book
b. Album
c. CW member
d. Movie
e. TV show

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think why it became a meme was that him not answering the questions effectively seemed to kill what was a fairly active threat till then.