• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tamim retires (for one day) from international cricket

loterry1994

International Debutant
If the prime minister invites you to their place and tells you to keep playing what else would you tell them. His retirement was pre mature anyway especially with the World Cup coming. He still had a few years at least

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean he got what he wanted I guess. Got the BCB President to beg him to come back.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Even he is ashamed. He never took back retirement after just 24 hours. That's why i never trust these Bangladeshi fools.
I was going through some articles and you would be surprised how many did it before. Imran Khan retired then returned before 92 WC. Javed Miandad, Shahid Afridi. DJ Bravo, Carl Hooper from West Indies. KP and recently Moeen Ali in the Ashes. I am sure there are more.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I was going through some articles and you would be surprised how many did it before. Imran Khan retired then returned before 92 WC. Javed Miandad, Shahid Afridi. DJ Bravo, Carl Hooper from West Indies. KP and recently Moeen Ali in the Ashes. I am sure there are more.
He just took retirement due to an argument. Then just after 24 hrs they had a conversation and he came out of it. Atleast think about the decision with cool mind,discuss with your friends and then announce. It creates so many controversy.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
He just took retirement due to an argument. Then just after 24 hrs they had a conversation and he came out of it. Atleast think about the decision with cool mind,discuss with your friends and then announce. It creates so many controversy.
Yeah for sure it was not right and not good for the team environment to do a presser like that if you are going to come back. And moreover it was evident that emotions ruled over everything during the period. I wish bcb president did not ever talk with media again. I don’t see any other board president making statement every day. Few days back the same guy brought forward publicly the issue between tamim and shakib and created unnecessary controversies. Whenever things go wrong, he tends to blame and divert attention towards things off the field.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Yeah for sure it was not right and not good for the team environment to do a presser like that if you are going to come back. And moreover it was evident that emotions ruled over everything during the period. I wish bcb president did not ever talk with media again. I don’t see any other board president making statement every day. Few days back the same guy brought forward publicly the issue between tamim and shakib and created unnecessary controversies. Whenever things go wrong, he tends to blame and divert attention towards things off the field.
It should be more professional.

Flem274*

123/5
Excellent news, a fit and firing Tamim is crucial for Bangladesh. The World Cup is in India and Sri Lanka are battling a bit, this is Bangladesh's opportunity to make the semi-finals. They have the players for it now and they've been firing warning shots in the previous two World Cups which were hosted well outside their comfort zone.

ataraxia

International Coach
BCB emergency meeting transcript has released:

"Oh no, a past-it cricket player has retired. Whatever will we do?"
"I know! Let's ask the ****ing Prime Minister to persuade him to return."
"Yes! Excellent idea, undoubtedly called for."

****ing hell.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Couple of muslim players in int'L players doing this every other year.

Retires for one night, they "Talaak" from marriage in Court & someome waiting in the bed at night for Nikah

tamim-iqbal-reverses-retirement-decision-a

G. S. Kohli

BCB emergency meeting transcript has released:

"Oh no, a past-it cricket player has retired. Whatever will we do?"
"I know! Let's ask the ****ing Prime Minister to persuade him to return."
"Yes! Excellent idea, undoubtedly called for."

****ing hell.
Few years ago Mominul Haq complain Prime minister " i pile up runs in Domestic but Cricket board drops me, he was crying infront of pM Lady Hasina so he was called back

Also Chetan Chauhan (indian opener) whose Father reported in Parliament about non inclusion of his son in indian test xl

Prime minister ordered to includes Chetan in playing XL
He was successful opener with SMG.

C. Chauhan also hold record of 2000 test runs without Test hundred

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of muslim players in int'L players doing this every other year.

Retires for one night, they "Talaak" from marriage in Court & someome waiting in the bed at night for Nikah

tamim-iqbal-reverses-retirement-decision-a
:confused:

G. S. Kohli

Few years ago Mominul Haq complain Prime minister " i pile up runs in Domestic but Cricket board drops me, he was crying infront of pM Lady Hasina so he was called back

Also Chetan Chauhan (indian opener) whose Father reported in Parliament about non inclusion of his son in indian test xl

Prime minister ordered to includes Chetan in playing XL
He was successful opener with SMG.

C. Chauhan also hold record of 2000 test runs without Test hundred
Indian opener just released from Tihar jail after 365 days who scored 4000 test runs in indian test team no minister come forward to help him.

Sandeep Lamichhane raping 14 year girl in 5* Hotel but he still playing non stop cricket

Law is always Blind. Big lord
of Nepal Government promised him to save instead going in to jail for 6 year.

Now the Under Age Girls wants Justice