• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Take this poll now

What do you think of the forums?

• Good

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Just another Cricket Forum

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

NikhilN

International Regular
yes i voted bad because i hate a few things about this forum

1)NO PMS!
2)Only one skin
3)I dont see anything special about it

Edit:I am also busy, I play for my school team so I spend most of my time training and I also have school!

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
cause there are people to talk on it here, more members is the only reason i am staying here

Rich2001

International Captain
sachintendulkar said:
yes i voted bad because i hate a few things about this forum

1)NO PMS!
2)Only one skin
3)I dont see anything special about it

Edit:I am also busy, I play for my school team so I spend most of my time training and I also have school!
1) There is a very valid reason for that one, if others had allowed us just to get on with life and not ruin it for others, then they would still be here.

2) At the end of the day it is the site's colours, we have tried to be consistant with the theme... we have spoken about adding skins etc but they aren't at the top of the to do list, we have some much bigger projects in the pipeline first. And really at the end of the day it's what people are saying that matters, the colours might not be the first choice for all (although so many have said the more they visit the more they like etc) but I wouldn't say I didn't like you for example because of your Username, I go on what you say and do.

Although all opinions are welcome, may I suggest you fill the survey out on the about section of the site :)

3) That's a tough one to answer, it's a forum at the end of the day mate, what else can it do??? if you can suggest a improvement feel free, and if we like it you might see it added :)

Oh and out of intrest what colours would you go for?

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
I think a few people need to cut sachintendulkar just a little slack... ok he didn't make a particuarly good move with the thread, but at the end of the day it's only his opinion and if he doesn't like it so be it... but how can we improve the site if as soon as a memeber says something bad they are hounded and chased out of town?

The Forum's Ordinary is my one major problem I've just looked at your site sachintendulkar and I've seen many sites and all forums are the same, IMO Cricket Web has some of the best people i've come across and just their ways make it a really great amotsphear to be in and around and obviously work with. I would really be intrested to know what to add to make it exciting as surley just different skins etc can't make it more exciting alone?

NikhilN

International Regular
my site is not open to the public yet, it is under construction.and I will give more ideas to make this forums better cause I still think it is a ordinary forum

NikhilN

International Regular
A Cricket magazine would go good with forum.the magazine will be posted every month for the members to download and it will include all cricket news for the month.

Rich2001

International Captain
sachintendulkar said:
A Cricket magazine would go good with forum.the magazine will be posted every month for the members to download and it will include all cricket news for the month.
A magazine isn't the forum though, and all you need to do is visit our stored news on the menu and it's all grouped into months... Simple :)

Next :) :saint: :)

Serious now :D - That IMO that's a nice idea but wouldn't that be more of a site addition with a link each month in the forum?

However you have given me another a small idea as a result :)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's actually a very interesting idea. Perhaps something can be done to comply with Acrobat Reader. I'd be willing to collaborate on such a project.

PY

International Coach
sachintendulkar said:
That's actually an excellent idea, I like it. I, too would get involved in any way I can help. :). Add on your idea Rich and 'it's a beewwwwdddeee' :D

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I like the idea of a magazine too, but how about instead of a general cricket mag we do a CW based one? Ie we have a DD section, a member of the month, hot topics, letter to the editor, yes i know these ones in particular are crap, but you get the idea.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the topic starter is equally entitled to his. So am I - and I am speaking here from a personal point of view and NOT as a Cricket Web staff member.

Provided the response time and a few basics are satisfactory, a forum is, in my opinion, no more and no less than the sum of its contributors - and Cricket Web is fortunate to have a hard core of people who are willing to make a thoughtful contribution.

You (not you personally) can have the slickest-looking site with all whistles and bells, flash everywhere and the like, but without the right contributors, it would just be an empty shell.

Cricket Web is more than just a forum, though. It is a far cry as yet from a complete cricket medium, but it's getting there.

The best thing the original poster (sachintendulkar) has ever done in his short stay on Cricket Web is to come back and justify why his original assertion that the forums were 'bad' was, in his opinion, correct. I honestly thought he was just mischief-making. Maybe not (although I await further developments)

He's also come up with a number of suggestions (although none seem to me to be directly relevant to a forum per se, they could all be considered to be 'nice to haves' on a website) which may or may not add a little 'colour' to any site - I personally think that one in particular is an excellent idea (the magazine) although the original 'reasons' were frivolous and trivial.

The bit about 'I don't see anything special about it' still makes my blood boil, and is the prime reason why I reserve judgment on whether sachintendulkar is mischief-making.