• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 Wc

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I totally missed this thread.

We would have to bring in domestic T20 first. We've been holding out on that until we can find a better T20 sim than VC4. Ideally we'd have used Neil's, but that's not due until 2020 or thereabouts, from all reports.

So it's really up to the general public as to whether they're happy with us pushing on with VC4 or not.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I assume you're using VC4 for the IPL and it seems to have been going fine enough, though sometimes it seems on autopilot(I assume you didn't take human control of either side). I guess with domestic T20 you as the simmer would take more control so some of the weird things happening would be cut down.

I've never used VC4 before though so I don't even know if there is an option to control a team.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no manual option in VC4. The best that can be done is to organize the bowling order.

The only alternative at the moment is to sim 20 overs on HODI, take the total, then start a new game and sim another 20 in the chase of the target. If the pitch conditions are kept the same for both innings, I suppose that COULD work. Of course, the stats would have be adjusted greatly to achieve T20 rates of scoring on a regular basis.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm I see. If the 20/20 Domestic Comp is short, say, every team plays each other once perhaps, then it probably wouldn't produce too many crazy results. Even twice isn't that much. (I'm not sure on the prospect of a new Dev League team coming in to replace the Masters).

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm all for a T20 domestic competition. I think it'd add an extra dimension to the dev league in that it (initially) could be a possible bridging point between Grade cricket and Dev Leage in terms of rookies and fringe players. Though, obviously, everyone will want to win the title just like the other two main competitions.

Considering how the IPL in off season is going, not to mention previous T20 seasons in Australia and England, I think VC4 is good enough to use for us.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Also, a T20 'carnival' for grade cricket that would be like a CW version of the IPL (in that players from different dev league teams would play alongside each other, against regular team mates and perhaps throw some internationals into the mix) could be a good move.