• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for my next international

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I came home to Norwich from Nottingham today after seeing England win at Trent Bridge yesterday. With that done, I am now looking towards my next international match.

Traditionally, I go and watch one international cricket match every year. For the last two years I have been to Trent Bridge, to see two or three days of the Tests England have been playing in.

With no Test at Trent Bridge next year, I have to try something new. My ideas are to go and see one of the World Twenty20 matches at Trent Bridge, or to see two or three days of the Ashes Test at Edgbaston. I can't do both, because of college and limited money. Which one do you think would be best?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Save up for the ICC T20 World Cup qualifiers in Ireland in September, or Head north to catch either a day of the Intercontinental Cup match Between Kenya and Scotland, or one of two ODI's thereafter.

But that onbly if you fance breaking the trend and having a look at the best of Associate cricket.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you have never seen a international T-20 then you should -otherwise you shouldnt miss the ashes
The thing is, I haven't seen either! It would be nice to go somewhere new, like Edgbaston, for an Ashes Test, since it is my favourite form of the game, but I love Nottingham and watching a Twenty20 International would be a great experience.

Save up for the ICC T20 World Cup qualifiers in Ireland in September, or Head north to catch either a day of the Intercontinental Cup match Between Kenya and Scotland, or one of two ODI's thereafter.

But that onbly if you fance breaking the trend and having a look at the best of Associate cricket.
Those would be interesting matches, I am not elitist at all, in fact - I am going to watch a cricket match at the Marsa Cricket Ground in Malta on 5th July!

You're lucky. Try the next four ****ing years.

I guess you are talking about Old Trafford. I don't know when the next Test is at Trent Bridge myself. All I know is it is a bad decision to take Tests away from venues like these.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Go to Brum for the Ashes, easy choice tbh. Considering Edgbaston next year myself, but reckon I'll probably head to Headingley

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you have not seen any of the ashes matches then its a no-brainer.I predict a close fight.
Go to Brum for the Ashes, easy choice tbh. Considering Edgbaston next year myself, but reckon I'll probably head to Headingley
Thanks. I prefer Test cricket and I have been to Nottingham for the last two years. So, I should go and see the pinnacle of Test cricket in a new place. :)

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
You're even considering some Twenty20 over a Test?

:mellow:

"Crikey, Terri, get a load of this! If you listen quietly, you'll be able to hear the Richard's disbelief after being exposed to life outside his natural habitat. Watch as he scuttles away!"

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I haven't been on here for a while. At the end of last year I bought tickets for the first two days of the 3rd Ashes Test at Edgbaston. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's as maybe, but they're all extremely expensive, by Joe Public standards.

It's been pointed-out that watching England play cricket is becoming increasingly an upper-class pastime.