• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sub Continent league

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
royGilchrist said:
Well the Indians and Pakistanis need to be put in their place from time to time just so they know where they belong.
...and where do they belong, Roy?

Legglancer

State Regular
watssupp Roy .... good to know that you are still hanging around :duh:

havnt heard of Wazza .... I hope he still is kicking around and hitting the bottle hard. Wouldnt it be great if we can find the introduce the bugger to this forum ????:D

Anyway how's everything in BC ????? for some reason I thought you were in Calgary ....:rolleyes:

PY

International Coach
Legglancer said:
I hate to make generalised comments but sadly I am in agreement with Roy about the behaviour of cricketers from Australia, England, South Africa and to a much lesser extent New Zealand and West Indies.
To quote DD, <snip>
But what they dont know is that their are no more gentleman playing cricket in England/Australia/SA ..... by far you will find the better spoken, mannerd players in the Subcontinent.
What a load of twaddle.

Quality word :D

ICC Punishments

If you look at that, there's an equal split between sub-continent and others of people who have been punished. To say that the people from the sub-continent are better mannered is a bit too much of sweeping generalisation for my liking.

Maybe to say the ICC is a slightly stuck in a timewarp is more than fair but to say that every player who plays for Australia, South Africa and England is ungentlemanly is crap and wholly unfair on people like Alec Stewart who have been great role-models for a long time.

Last edited:

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
nice to see you too leggie, Wazza was on this board a while back and actually used to post lots for sometime, but then he disappeared, must have gotten busy with work, or maybe did not find many people of his age group around ;)

Anil: I meant where they belong...down on the ground.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Hall did a "lillee act" when he elbowed Youhanna in the first ODI (Lillee used his legs though to hit Miandad).

The Match refree banned Hall for ODI and 2 test matches.I would like to have him seen out of the game for atleast 6 months for bringing violence in the game.

Legglancer

State Regular
warrioryohannan said:
Hall did a "lillee act" when he elbowed Youhanna in the first ODI (Lillee used his legs though to hit Miandad).

The Match refree banned Hall for ODI and 2 test matches.I would like to have him seen out of the game for atleast 6 months for bringing violence in the game.

Ditto ! :!(