• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I will do. Will post scores in here just so someone else can make sure I've got any tight bonus points correct. Should have Saturday and Sunday game tables sorted pretty quickly, might be slower for the Tuesday matches
I can look in daily and will cast my eye over- I'm sure everyone will holler in the hugely unlikely scenario that something is amiss! :)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
A big win today for the TMOs in the SOD. Keeps them in with a chance of staying in div 2 which is a big goal at the moment.

TNT continue to lase, gain igt and make monies... so all going good there as well.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Any DEV activity is good of course but.... ELECTIONS - sigh!!!

After all this time to then just rush it out - why?? Given it's been a year just hold fire a week or two and make a decent meal of it instead of a dog's dinner!!!

And again - no explanation of the rules for anyone who had joined in the last year (there was none previously the last time either) so it is a load of flipping gobble dee gook to anyone who has not been here 3 years - so poor and non-inclusive

Another fine mess as Oliver Hardy would say!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Battle set to conclude in 3 pools as race in Pool D hots up

CWC6A - GW6.png

In CWC6 Group A the battle for a spot in the Premier Division is done and dusted with Moo set to finish 3rd and Honest Hunks 4th. However, there is still the chance for AtaraX Wellington to top the group on the final day as they host current leaders The Merry Orangutans knowing a bonus-point victory will see them leapfrog their opponents

CWC6B - GW6.png

In CWC6 Group B, Charminster CC have sealed top spot but behind them there is all to play for. GG CC are in pole position to qualify for the Premier Division knowing a NRR favourable bonus point win away to Z*rax CC is likely to see them remain in the 2nd qualification spot. Z*rax have plenty to play for themselves knowing a bonus point win vs GG CC could see them qualify. However, for that to happen they'd also require a Plymouth Pirates defeat in their home game v Charminster. With the worst NRR in the group Plymouth Pirates task is likely to be simple - win and hope GG CC get a worse result.

CWC6C - GW6.png

In CWC6 Group C Free HK are consigned to the wooden spoon but could still have a huge say on the qualification battle for the Premier Division. Free HK host The Wild Geese knowing a win of any kind will see them through. Meanwhile, the other fixture in the group is a winner takes all tie between ataraXIa and Dynamo Schmaltzberg. Dynamo Schmaltzberg with the one point advantage know a tie will see them through. However, in the event there is a winner the loser is set to go home.

With regards to topping the group, the equation is a bit more complicated. A bonus point win will see Dynamo Schmaltzberg retain their spot at the top of the group. However, with the worst NRR of the 3 qualification hopefuls, a non-bonus point win would open the door for The Wild Geese to take spot knowing a bonus point win would see them leapfrog Dynamo Schmaltzberg on NRR. In the event The Wild Geese and ataraXIa both win it is likely to be a straight NRR race with ataraXIa only 0.06 behind The Wild Geese on NRR.

CWC6D - GW4.png

Meanwhile, in CWC6 Group D the 4th fixtures take place on Saturday with Dynamo Morpork hosting Ashgrove Astronauts and Jura CC travelling down to Winton. Jura CC know a win would go a long way to securing their spot in the Premier Division and they could even mathematically secure qualification if they get a bonus point win at Winton and Dynamo Morpork gain a bonus-point win against Ashgrove Astronauts.

Dynamo Morpork will be hoping for a win to put them back into contention however as things stand it looks like it could be a straight shootout between Winton CC and Ashgrove Astronauts. The latter will be hoping they can get maximum points and the former will be hoping they can exact revenge after a narrow 1 wicket loss up in Jura.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Any of you standing for Manager Elections? - currently ***** is up for Bangladesh (and a good job he does of it) - the country my two teams favour for youth pulls...if no-one else is standing I will pass my vote to him by default - but probably Z is up for election unopposed - if any of you are standing and in a tight situation let me/ us? know so we can support accordingly

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Result of both C division games running in parallel were totally in the balance until 78 overs of each match were bowled with all permutations possible - great games

Based on XPV Dynamo have sig. overperformed (though XPV clearly has a number of limitations)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Would love a fellow CWer to join the BD Nat management team. Could always use the assistance.

The bright part of ZCC and FHK having terrible CWCs is I can just put all my energy into the BD Nat side instead :ph34r: ZCC facing relegation in Dev and T20 too, feels like a long painful rebuilding phase is upon us. Sigh.

JOJOXI

Jura CC - 318/6 (40 overs) beat Winton CC 161 all out by 157 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646428

Ashgrove Astronauts - 216/4 (33.3 overs) beat Dynamo Morpork 212/8 (40 overs) by 6 wickets - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646482

If my maths are correct Ashgrove Astronauts narrowly missed out on a Bonus Point - 212/40 = 5.3 for Dynamo Morpork RR. For a Bonus Point winning side needs NRR 25% higher than losing side. In this case that'd need to be 6.625 RR. Ashgrove Astronauts 216/33.5 (33.5 for calculation - 33 and a half overs) = 6.4478.

I think I've got that right but can someone double check that please - @Jarquis @Magrat Garlick @Charlie B.

PWLTBPPtsNRR ForNRR AgainstNRR
Jura CC4400218866/133.2677/160.0+2.26
Ashgrove Astronauts4211111798/147.1819/160.0+0.30
Winton CC412128662/142.2817/157.2-0.54
Dynamo Morpork404022566/160.0579/105.3-1.95

JOJOXI

@Charlie B - Jura can also join top division as Dynamo Morpork can't catch you and with Ashgrove Astronauts and Winton CC to face off, the loser of that game won't be able to catch you, Winton won't be able to catch you in the event of another tie.

JOJOXI

@Magrat Garlick same applies with regards to Dynamo Morpork and 2nd division.

Entries close at the start of next Saturday (15th) with both divisions starting on Tuesday (18th)

JOJOXI

If my counting isn't off league competition would be set to complete on Saturday 3rd December. Would be great to have semi-finals during the following midweek and then final on Saturday 10th December.

Season 33 on Stumped would then resume on Monday 12th December. Could come up with a plan for CWC7 prior to Christmas and have ebtries open until the New Year. Not sure how many celebrate but my Christmas holidays are not super eventful so would be fine for a quicker turnaround if that was desired too

ataraxia

International Coach
AXI v Schmaltzberg, this CWC:

match 3: AXI win by 1 run.
match 6: Schmaltzberg win by 1 wicket.

Their brilliantly-named number 11 and captain is someone who I might have open, so there's that lol.

I think FHK were incredibly hard done by in that division, with a very good side despite a plethora of recently-graduated 22/23yo s. And what a knock from Tam Tak-chi

re: @JOJOXI bonus points, for a winning chasing team they win the bonus point if they win within 0.8 * total overs available. So you're right, but you can just see if they make it at or before 32 overs in the future. :)

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
AXI v Schmaltzberg, this CWC:

match 3: AXI win by 1 run.
match 6: Schmaltzberg win by 1 wicket.

Their brilliantly-named number 11 and captain is someone who I might have open, so there's that lol.

I think FHK were incredibly hard done by in that division, with a very good side despite a plethora of recently-graduated 22/23yo s. And what a knock from Tam Tak-chi

re: @JOJOXI bonus points, for a winning chasing team they win the bonus point if they win within 0.8 * total overs available. So you're right, but you can just see if they make it at or before 32 overs in the future. :)
Sometimes you can still make it if your innings continues past 32 overs if (depending on what score is needed) you club a 4 or a 6 in the next over
eg
200 off 40 overs = RR 5 204 off 32 overs 3 balls = RR of 6.27 or even 206 off 32 overs and 5 balls = RR of 6.27

The smaller the score you defeated the longer you can potentially bat over the 32 over mark and still beat the 25% rule
eg
120 of 40 overs =RR 3 126 off 33 overs and 3 balls = RR 3.76

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Jura CC - 318/6 (40 overs) beat Winton CC 161 all out by 157 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646428

Ashgrove Astronauts - 216/4 (33.3 overs) beat Dynamo Morpork 212/8 (40 overs) by 6 wickets - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646482

If my maths are correct Ashgrove Astronauts narrowly missed out on a Bonus Point - 212/40 = 5.3 for Dynamo Morpork RR. For a Bonus Point winning side needs NRR 25% higher than losing side. In this case that'd need to be 6.625 RR. Ashgrove Astronauts 216/33.5 (33.5 for calculation - 33 and a half overs) = 6.4478.

I think I've got that right but can someone double check that please - @Jarquis @Magrat Garlick @Charlie B.

Jura CC4400218866/133.2677/160.0+2.26
Ashgrove Astronauts4211111798/147.1819/160.0+0.30
Winton CC412128662/142.2817/157.2-0.54
Dynamo Morpork404022566/160.0579/105.3-1.95
JJ the points awarded are correct imo - have not checked the RR = will do so if after the next two matches it would make any difference

ataraxia

International Coach
@cnerd123: with my Bangladesh players Kaiser's popped really quickly; 39 / 46 halfway through his Dev career. Only two to four years away, though his experience has been stubborn to rise lol (didn't help in the Schmaltzberg match...).

Batters Habib and Shinjinee are ages away, but keeper Zahid's got to early 30s batting and has been classy recently, which is nice.

JOJOXI

Winton CC 222/4 (40 overs) beat Ashgrove Astronauts 193 all out by 29 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646420

Jura 204 all out (40 overs) beat Dynamo Morpork 181 all out by 23 runs - https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1646473

Both losing sides with bonus points.

Jura CC55002221070/173.2858/200.0+1.88
Ashgrove Astronauts5221212991/187.11041/200.0+0.09
Winton CC5221212884/182.21010/197.2-0.27
Dynamo Morpork505033747/200.0783/145.3-1.65

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi All

Do you know and/or have opinions on captaincy?

What I am wondering is:
  • does captaincy improve more quickly when it starts at a low base?
  • does it improve more quickly for a 17-year-old compared to a 25-year-old say?.
  • Does it improve based on the type of game you play, if you won or lost and how many overs the game lasts ?

Reasons for my questions are just from general curiosity and also whether it is worth investing time in giving the captaincy to a 21-year-old

Thanks for any thoughts

Last edited:

JOJOXI

Hi All

Do you know and/or have opinions on captaincy?

What I am wondering is:
  • does captaincy improve more quickly when it starts at a low base?
  • does it improve more quickly for a 17-year-old compared to a 25-year-old say?.
  • Does it improve based on the type of game you play, if you won or lost and how many overs the game lasts ?

Reasons for my questions are just from general curiosity and also whether it is worth investing time in giving the captaincy to a 21-year-old

Thanks for any thoughts
Would be interested in the answer myself actually, Stumped website says the following - "Captaincy does not have a potential, but is slowly learnt on the job though remains a largely innate ability (or lack of)." That doesn't offer much in terms of an answer but would guess if it does improve more quickly from a low base it would only be slightly more quickly as there is no potential and its deemed to be a largely innate ability.