• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
FHK still seemed rattled by the loss to GG CC - they're now 35/4 in 8 overs batting first in a T20 via ZCC! They actually have the ratings edge too, and are playing at home. Talk about a rough day...
FHK bowled out for 90, and a under-strength ZCC side chase it down for the loss of 7 wickets! Real low scorer to end the day.

Just one game for ZCC today - a Dev Friendly against Dynamo Morpork. Good chance for the senior Dynamo side to avenge their loss yesterday, as ZCC will be resting Ahsan and Ramalingam. Both of them are senior-team regulars now, so managing their fitness next season might be a challenge, hence needing to test out how my Dev XI would go without them.

FHK have back-to-back 50 over games against Jura CC and TMO! Playing the same XI for both. For the first time we will be rolling out an all-Cantonese XI, so no Kovrig or Abdullah for these games. Still looks a pretty strong team mind. Andy Li will slot into the middle order while Tam Tak-chi comes in as opener. No Pong Nam either, we're continuing with the young attack of Wong/Hui/Lam. Interested to see how the side goes for both these games.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s so good to see Mooo’s batsmen putting it on against GG….

Mooo’s skipper, Meyiwa struck 124 in 137 balls, the next best was 40 (32 balls, 1x4; 4x6) from Mike Warfield…then followed by a couple of thirties…and twenties. Everyone contributed with the bat to finish on 307/5 in 50 overs.

A tough task for GG…but it might be an exciting chase if Bram gets going ;)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG CC are going great guns so far in the chase. They have made it to 66 without loss after 11 overs. Skipper Levy is the aggressor in the partnership with 44 off 39, while Bram Human is okay with playing second fiddle, he’s on 21 off 27

cnerd123

likes this
Madness at 5DNOL stadium today! Something must be up with the pitch. Following on from last night's low-scoring T20, Jura CC opted to bat first and found themselves reduced to 19/7 in the 8th over! They've recovered to 56/9, but one suspects they're going to fall just short of a winning score here.

Meanwhile at TM Road the hosts batted well upon winning the toss to score 205/8. 50 for Phillip Hughes, who has also picked up one of 2 run-outs in ZCC's chase! We're 64/3 in 12 - not looking good.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Moooo have put on a massive target in the friendly development game against the TMOs at their home ground. TMO are unlikely to chase such a large target but we will have to see if they can at least put up a fight.

cnerd123

likes this
Excellent wins for both sides. Needing just 67 to beat Jura CC, Tam Tak-chi and Agnes Chow put on a 50 run partnership, but Agnes and Tony Chung were both dismissed as we wobbled a bit towards the end of the chase. Solid 8-wicket win, though I would have liked for the openers to complete it themselves. Hard luck @Charlie B , just a really bad day for your batters. Be happy this didn't happen in a real league game ;) Let's do a rematch soon!

Meanwhile the ZCC U21s pulled off an excellent chase against Dynamo Morpork! The two middle order mainstays Madani (51 off 75) and Halliday (72 off 52) delivered under pressure, adding 99 for the 4th wicket at nearly a run a ball to break the back of the chase. We got to 159/3 before losing 4 wickets for 38 runs - Madani and Halliday dismissed due to exhaustion, and the soft underbelly struggling against a some good bowling. Luckily we have a couple of 'veteran' bowlers who know how to bat in Bashir and Chester, and they got us over the line in the 38th over. Good result!

Up next, FHK will take on TMO once they're dev game with GG CC wraps up. Should be a fun game :)

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Madness at 5DNOL stadium today! Something must be up with the pitch. Following on from last night's low-scoring T20, Jura CC opted to bat first and found themselves reduced to 19/7 in the 8th over! They've recovered to 56/9, but one suspects they're going to fall just short of a winning score here.

Meanwhile at TM Road the hosts batted well upon winning the toss to score 205/8. 50 for Phillip Hughes, who has also picked up one of 2 run-outs in ZCC's chase! We're 64/3 in 12 - not looking good.
I put out a decent enough side- all the usual faces- as a friendly I did try some more agressive batting - so I have either learnt not to be so agressive or that FHK have a very good bowling attack (which I knew already!!)

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Guys can I ask you a few admin questions about the Stumped game please.

Season 29 is finishing - what is the last day of Season 29 and the first of Season 30?
When will the new divisions be created?
When will we see the forthcoming fixtures for SOD/20/DEV shown?

The next Coaching/IGT uplift to player skills (or reductions if you run the Buy -Ins!!!) will take place on 27 January. However there was only one game in the previous week to base that uplift on - a SOD match.

So I guess the next coaching lift after that will only be impacted by the next T20 and DEV match , and only in the 2nd week will you get upl;ift from all 3 matches as usual

In short the uplift results s will look a bit grim over the next 2 weeks - correct?

Last one - what day to players age every week? It would be easier if they aged on coaching day (but I don't think that is the case is it?)

Thanks a lot

I was just looking at end of S28 and start of S29 - so it seems rude not to share (but maybe you all know this , or it doesnt really matter anyway)

In Season 29 the last DEV game was played 17/1 , T20 19/1 and SOD 21/1.
The coaching update on 25/1 then will only include the impact of the SOD match from 21/1 (there are no DEV or T20 matches on 24/1 and 26/1 to include)

The first competitive matches of Season 30 will be (all 14 days later than the last corresponding match type of course:)

DEV 31/1
T20 2/2
SOD 4/2

This means the Coaching session update on 3/2 will include the benefit of 2 games (only) the DEV game and the T20 game.

We will get back to a 3 games benefit on 10/2 (which will uplift based on SOD 4/2, DEV 7/2, T20 9/2)

Still don't know what is the official last/first day of Season29 and 30 though!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I think they all age on Thursday, same day as YP.

Not sure when the next season starts, but I think you've got all the dates right. I think Friday was officially the last day of S29 and 31st Jan will be the first day of S30.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I think they all age on Thursday, same day as YP.

Not sure when the next season starts, but I think you've got all the dates right. I think Friday was officially the last day of S29 and 31st Jan will be the first day of S30.
Thanks - so there is a sort of no man's land of 10 days that belongs to no season? I am a statto nerd (not a c one!) and it is painful not to have a beginning and end of season - not least for working out your Balance Sheet and P+L from one season to the other and for your players (who are playing many non competitive matches- when did the season begin and end? - for example my match today against FHK which season do these results fit into?)