• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Almost identical matches for ZCC and FHK in the CWC today. Batting first in dry wickets, both teams put on good scores with a century from #3, only for the bowling to be shown up for a lack of spin options in the defence.

Should have selected Lester Shum for FHK, while ZCC might have benefitted by giving Chamath or Ahsan a bowl sooner

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Almost identical matches for ZCC and FHK in the CWC today. Batting first in dry wickets, both teams put on good scores with a century from #3, only for the bowling to be shown up for a lack of spin options in the defence.

Should have selected Lester Shum for FHK, while ZCC might have benefitted by giving Chamath or Ahsan a bowl sooner
Thought we let you get too many but that was an exceptionally clinical chase.

cnerd123

likes this
This two cup games on Sunday bug is weird. Hope they resolve it by Sunday.

I think the game falling apart this way reveals how time intensive maintaining it must have been for Rob and Andy. Seems there was a lot of quiet work done over the years to ensure it kept running bug free. Now that they've given it up these strange issues are popping up.

I'm really going to miss this game. BT and FTP don't quite do it for me.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This two cup games on Sunday bug is weird. Hope they resolve it by Sunday.

I think the game falling apart this way reveals how time intensive maintaining it must have been for Rob and Andy. Seems there was a lot of quiet work done over the years to ensure it kept running bug free. Now that they've given it up these strange issues are popping up.

I'm really going to miss this game. BT and FTP don't quite do it for me.
I will miss Stumped. I've registered for batrick... But I just don't see myself actually playing it. Just doesn't have the same feel.

This game needed an at least part time dedicated coder/programmer to keep it going. And that probably needed to happen years ago. In the websites current condition the only hope would have been to shut it down and re-code everything from scratch. Difficult thing to do.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC and FHK have sent out their last challenges for the CWC10 Group Stages. We should be able to wrap up all our matches by Tuesday next week if everyone accepts.

cnerd123

likes this
Not been getting back into the game really - hoping I do eventually - but have sent requests for all my remaining matches.
It's hard to get into the game at all knowing this is the final season. I find it so hollow setting training and lineups now. Bit depressing actually.

I suppose that should incentivise us all to make one last push in CWC10, the final shot at glory, but given the way the points tables have taken shape it seems we only have about 6-7 teams really in the running anymore. AXI will probably run away with the whole thing barring some upset in the KO stages

cnerd123

likes this
CWC10 Update

Group A

1718346053034.png

1718346129462.png

13 games are left to wrap up the group stage, with 4 already scheduled and 2 pending acceptance of the challenges. As far as I can find, the 7 TBC games are yet to be played or scheduled - if they have been then please help update the google sheet and, If not, then please issue the challenges ASAP!

AXI continue to barrel through unbeaten, with ZCC and AA separated by just NRR. TNT remains hot on their heels in 4th place, 4 points behind but with a game in hand, so plenty to play for in the final stretch!

Group B

1718347727578.png

1718348548238.png

Group B lags behind Group A a fair bit, with 17 games yet to be played. Charminster CC have pulled away into first place, including 2 wins over 2nd place FHK. AXW are in pole position for 3rd place with 3 wins out of 5 games, but there is plenty of cricket yet to be played! @Krypto @Jarquis @ataraxia @SillyCowCorner1 stumped is running much smoother these last couple of days, please help schedule the remaining matches!

The initial plan for the Super Six is a double round robin, which is a further 10 games for all the teams that qualify. Does that sound good, or should we go straight into Knock Outs instead?

Last edited: