• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
AX-W have annoyed me by progressively pulling better and better bats. This is annoying because it means I waste training on guys I now don't even want in my squad. Anyway, it's reached a crescendo recently:

View attachment 35332

A perfect 46 distribution, bullet arm, back footed? Yippee!

View attachment 35334

A gun opener when I need one? Good starting skill? Woop woop!
Oh dear, it happened again.

1681882847579.png

Awful first name too. What horrible luck I've been getting recently :ph34r:

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
That influential trate is a tricky one, it has a bigger negetive affect than what you think, be careful if you groom them to be captain.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Upon thinking about it, I think I might actually train his captaincy, despite there being better options purely skillwise. An Influential + Erratic part-time captain sounds like it could be deadly, but he won't captain when his touch is low!

cnerd123

likes this
FHK has had a steady stream of middling YPs that have now lead to a pretty decent group of talent for after the 'golden gen' retires. It may not be good enough to keep us in Div 1, but it's not so bad we're resorting to 1k ZCC rejects to fill the side

Not that ZCC has had any rejects worth poaching anyways. Been pulling crap for ages. We have a pretty settled Dev XI now, and the senior sides have been putting in better results in the last few months, which means ZCC is back to being ranked higher than FHK!

FHK did beat ZCC in the CWC8 clash tho, so there is that going in their favour. Both sides going fairly decently atm, touch on wood. What does the KO stage look like for this season btw?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Skipper Peter Sutherland spanked a casual 94 (43 balls) laced with 8 fours and 7 sixes today as he led the way for GG CC to amass a score of over 200.

It was not a good start in the PP in our defense of the score as the FlyingBTUkIND lashed 70 in 6.2 over for the 1st wicket. They kept at going at the target but unforntunately lost wickets along the way. They eventually got bowled out for 190 in the 20th over. Bhavesh Meyappan took 4 for 37; Ismail 2 for 40...Shanuka Veenstra miserly with 1 for 25 in 3.5 overs.

This win takes GG CC to 3rd place with 13 points. Ataraxia in #1 spot with 18 points.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably short of nat standard but love that the GG CC BD contingent is growing!
Yes, some of these guys I've recruited I chose the worst out of the choices...trying to trick the algorithm which generates these new talents

Sibtain will be one to look forward to in the future.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Been away from Stumped for a little bit but see the battle for the top 2 spots is still fiercely contested and plenty of time left still for probably everyone down to 11th to be confident of making a run for the playoffs.

ataraxia

International Coach
Man, O'Callaghan <insert past tense superlative synonym of destroyed here> Winton, apologies. Certainly proved the old adage of "you can count on 112 in the final 5 overs" true.