• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
Life has freed up, and AX-W selection is now quite interesting, so...

Homegrown affiliate unveil ambitious plan

Atarax Wellington, an Oceanian lower-tier team relying solely upon internal resources, have released this press release:

Here in Wellington we are entering an exciting new era. To test out our players, we will schedule 30 friendly one-day games for the next three weeks. A grand total of 18 players will be included in the squad for these games, arranged in the following contract system.

Gold (7), whose positions in the 1st XI have been assured:

John Ward
Felix O'Callaghan
Harry Todd
Tye Ramsbottom
Urban Townshend (wk, c)
Nathan Picton
Robin Warwick

Silver (11), who will be competing for a spot in these 30 games:

Dan Price
Keane Clacey
Gordon Schofield (c)
Ian Green
Oliver Bateman
Furqan Sheikh
Mark Hurst
Daniel Finlay
James Mortimer
Dwayne Hastelow
Afzaal ul-Haq

Youth (7), who are being developed:

Jacobus Kruger (wk)
Rehman Naqvi (wk)
Abid Azam
Abhijeet Gajendra
Idrees Azeem
Govind Shinjinee
Chandradev Riddhi

We hope to collate meaningful data.

Surpise has been expressed at captain Gordon Schofield and experienced all-rounder Dan Price's omission from the Gold list, but some are expressing satisfaction at "this oddly positive move from AX management" which has enabled the young hitting talents Mortimer and Hastelow some game time.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Groups A-C are generating fixtures - Group D I've set up another version of comp - please join ASAP - entry closes Wednesday, start date set for Thursday.

GROUP D: Jura CC (@Charlie B), Ashgrove Astronauts (@Jarquis), Winton CC (@JOJOXI), Dynamo Morpork (@Magrat Garlick)

@SillyCowCorner1 @honestbharani @ataraxia @cnerd123 @StephenZA - along with all other managers - if you can set default instructions for DEV games just to be on safe side as not 100% sure how long fixtures will take to generate

Last edited by a moderator:

ataraxia

International Coach
ftr I have no clue whatsoever why, upon clicking that link for the first time, I discovered AX-W had applied to enter...

We've unapplied, anyhow

edit: @JOJOXI you may want to change the link, because it includes &action=enter... :)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
1664169348439.png

ZCC are having quite a mixed season.

Our efforts to bolster the Dev XI with some hired guns have not born fruit yet. Expecting a pretty disappointing CWC6. We'll probably miss out on the Championship group, but hopefully put in a stronger showing by the time the Plate group is drawn up.

1664169454453.png

Mixed season for FHK too, but hopefully we'll avoid relegation in all 3 comps. The Dev XI is actually really good when full strength, it's just that we need to rest the likes of Andy Li, Tam Tak-chi and even Tong Ying-kit sometimes due to fatigue from senior cricket.

I do like how the two clubs are consistently very good in 50 over cricket despite transition phases. We haven't quite cracked that consistency in T20 yet tho, struggling to find a combination that can click across both formats.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Life has freed up, and AX-W selection is now quite interesting, so...

Homegrown affiliate unveil ambitious plan

Atarax Wellington, an Oceanian lower-tier team relying solely upon internal resources, have released this press release:

Here in Wellington we are entering an exciting new era. To test out our players, we will schedule 30 friendly one-day games for the next three weeks. A grand total of 18 players will be included in the squad for these games, arranged in the following contract system.

Gold (7), whose positions in the 1st XI have been assured:

John Ward
Felix O'Callaghan
Harry Todd
Tye Ramsbottom
Urban Townshend (wk, c)
Nathan Picton
Robin Warwick

Silver (11), who will be competing for a spot in these 30 games:

Dan Price
Keane Clacey
Gordon Schofield (c)
Ian Green
Oliver Bateman
Furqan Sheikh
Mark Hurst
Daniel Finlay
James Mortimer
Dwayne Hastelow
Afzaal ul-Haq

Youth (7), who are being developed:

Jacobus Kruger (wk)
Rehman Naqvi (wk)
Abid Azam
Abhijeet Gajendra
Idrees Azeem
Govind Shinjinee
Chandradev Riddhi

We hope to collate meaningful data.

Surpise has been expressed at captain Gordon Schofield and experienced all-rounder Dan Price's omission from the Gold list, but some are expressing satisfaction at "this oddly positive move from AX management" which has enabled the young hitting talents Mortimer and Hastelow some game time.
Had to chuckle at this ! for nearly 3 years been busy posting 200 times a month, then suddenly when you might have to organise the comp - you declare life had got busy! JoJo sets up the Groups and immediately 'life has freed up' ! What a fortuitous coincidence! .....normal service is clearly resumed:)

Last edited:

JOJOXI

View attachment 33039

Mixed season for FHK too, but hopefully we'll avoid relegation in all 3 comps. The Dev XI is actually really good when full strength, it's just that we need to rest the likes of Andy Li, Tam Tak-chi and even Tong Ying-kit sometimes due to fatigue from senior cricket.
The dev div is spicing up. We (Winton CC), the leaders lost by 13 runs to Moo. The Wild Geese couldn't capitalise also losing by 8 wickets to Gaukrodger who move into 2nd. Moo's win sees them 4th behind The Wild Geese and Free HK only behind on NRR after a 105 run win v SA Ducks

Winton 20pts
Gaukrodger 19pts
The Wild Geese 18pts
Moo 16pts
Free HK 16pts

Free HK bound to go up the rankings next gameweek too as they face winless The Raptors. Meanwhile Winton CC host the Wild Geese and Gaukrodger travel to Moooo

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
The dev div is spicing up. We (Winton CC), the leaders lost by 13 runs to Moo. The Wild Geese couldn't capitalise also losing by 8 wickets to Gaukrodger who move into 2nd. Moo's win sees them 4th behind The Wild Geese and Free HK only behind on NRR after a 105 run win v SA Ducks

Winton 20pts
Gaukrodger 19pts
The Wild Geese 18pts
Moo 16pts
Free HK 16pts

Free HK bound to go up the rankings next gameweek too as they face winless The Raptors. Meanwhile Winton CC host the Wild Geese and Gaukrodger travel to Moooo
Horribly sticky division, no chance to play a gaggle of greenhorn 16 year olds if you want to win as i found out painfully today. EPV gives Winton and Moo the edge but it is often a huge training sacrifice to wheel out your best team week after week in DEV - so you never know quite who or what will turn up - very difficult to predict the order of the Top5 (even 6)

JOJOXI

Horribly sticky division, no chance to play a gaggle of greenhorn 16 year olds if you want to win as i found out painfully today. EPV gives Winton and Moo the edge but it is often a huge training sacrifice to wheel out your best team week after week in DEV - so you never know quite who or what will turn up - very difficult to predict the order of the Top5 (even 6)
Having been stuck in the divs with one other human manager and managing to finish 2nd so mnay times with Winton I'll take all the competition I can get in this div! But I get what you mean - my DEV side (Given my squad is basically all DEV) has really benefitted from playing BOTS in terms of trying to maximise IGT

JOJOXI

Groups A-C are generating fixtures - Group D I've set up another version of comp - please join ASAP - entry closes Wednesday, start date set for Thursday.

GROUP D: Jura CC (@Charlie B), Ashgrove Astronauts (@Jarquis), Winton CC (@JOJOXI), Dynamo Morpork (@Magrat Garlick)

@SillyCowCorner1 @honestbharani @ataraxia @cnerd123 @StephenZA - along with all other managers - if you can set default instructions for DEV games just to be on safe side as not 100% sure how long fixtures will take to generate
Fixtures generated for later today in Groups A-C.

@SillyCowCorner1
@honestbharani
@ataraxia
@cnerd123
@Jarquis
@StephenZA
@Charlie B
@Magrat Garlick

cnerd123

likes this
Schmaltzberg put up strong score batting first vs FHK. We got an early wicket but Tinavo Yengwayo played a blinder. McGill and Mavela were superb finishing off the innings too.

Tough chase on our hands. Tiffany Yuen is fresh off her first century and she's down at 6, so we do bat deep, but never easy chasing in Dev cricket...

ataraxia

International Coach
TWG v AXI high-scoring so far. Pool A joining Pool C now to start up.

re: Dev chasing, I do agree, but the AXI-FHK game did handsomely rebutt that trend through a great Simmonds knock - very nice for him to turn around a previously mediocre Dev friendly record with 247 runs since his last dismissal in the format!

JOJOXI

First games today! Charminster have splashed on some guns for hire I see.
Mostly just Evert Human - a bit of a luxury as we have 2 capable spinners although an intriguing spread of batting stats could be of use for us. And Tom Doyle as whilst our bowling is strong our batting lacks a bit of depth past 3 or 4 names. Although in for a few names atm.

ataraxia

International Coach
This feels unusual, to have both teams rocketing along, 100+ for just one wicket. Ibrahim Zahid brings up an 82-ball hundred (and gets out) - he's nothing special yet, but has played an absolute blinder as part of a 164 (132) partnership with Simmonds (315 runs since last format dismissal!). And the defensive Furqan Sheikh of AX-W slogging mighty Jamil Gul for consecutive sixes!

Sheikh and Zahid both exit just now, jinx perfection

Charminster outrating ZCC by 12K is cool.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice big total from TMOs... unexpected from Danie (been dropped many times!), but Davidson just doing his thing.

Davidson this season in competitive games avg 91 at a SR of 135... 2 centuries and 5 fifty's...