• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
So apparently the solution is to score more runs... thanks for the game @SillyCowCorner1
I was about to say 'or to bowl first' but then I remembered what happened in the CWC game... (well done!) Veeery minor but I'd bat Mthombeni down at 7 or 8 in that lineup; Ncanana is, simply put, good.

oh and lolz at 6 seamers - on both sides

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Another loss for the TMOs, this time against the Astronauts. The more aggressive batting probably overdoing it in that match... pitch was not quite right for it. Thanks for the game @Marcuss

cnerd123

likes this
So just updating CWC5 NRR now, and noticed something interesting in Group B. FHK restricted TMO and AXI to just 126 in consecutive games, and on those same two weeks Moooo kept TMO and Schmaltzberg to just 146 each as well!

And it gets better - the week after scoring 146 vs Mooo, Schmaltzberg scored 146 vs FHK as well!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
1657295768106.png

ZCC are the only unbeaten team left in CWC5, while Plymouth Pirates are the only team yet to win a game! TBI, Morpork and Jura CC all in contention for a spot in the Cup playoffs, while Astronauts are the dark horses - they need a strong finish to the group stage. AXW and the Hunks are still battling it out to make it into the Plate play-offs.

1657295891871.png

Despite their loss last week AXI still top Group B quite comfortably. Moooo have been extremely impressive, while the barest of margins separate GG CC and FHK - expect a photo finish between these two teams as we head into the closing stages. Winton CC will want a strong finish to sneak into the Cup playoffs, while Schmaltzberg will be hoping for the same to qualify for the plate. @Shri 's Croquette Team make history by picking up their first ever CWC win, bowling Charminister CC out for just 62 last Saturday!

Teams please feel free to double check your NRRs and make sure I've got them right. Lot of manual data entry, wouldn't be surprised if I've made a mistake somewhere.

cnerd123

likes this
1657296185689.png
A set of match ups that should be fairly straightforward in Group A tomorrow. ZCC with the 'bye' round, have organised a Friendly T20 against former CWC-er Jan CC and will field their 2nd XI vs the Brumbies. Morpork, Jura, the Wild Geese and the Astronauts will all be looking for strong performances to pump up their NRRs.

1657296309022.png
Some spicier games in Group B though, especially with the GG CC vs Moooo darby game. Long time friends and foes, this could have massive implications on the points table. TMO will want to continue their recent good form against banana-peels Winton CC - or vice versa, given WCC are currently ahead on the table! Should be a great game to watch either way. AXI will want to return to form against the tricky Schmaltzbergians, while FHK will look to boost their NRR against the Croquetters. Charminster CC with the bye round.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
View attachment 32336

ZCC are the only unbeaten team left in CWC5, while Plymouth Pirates are the only team yet to win a game! TBI, Morpork and Jura CC all in contention for a spot in the Cup playoffs, while Astronauts are the dark horses - they need a strong finish to the group stage. AXW and the Hunks are still battling it out to make it into the Plate play-offs.

View attachment 32337

Despite their loss last week AXI still top Group B quite comfortably. Moooo have been extremely impressive, while the barest of margins separate GG CC and FHK - expect a photo finish between these two teams as we head into the closing stages. Winton CC will want a strong finish to sneak into the Cup playoffs, while Schmaltzberg will be hoping for the same to qualify for the plate. @Shri 's Croquette Team make history by picking up their first ever CWC win, bowling Charminister CC out for just 62 last Saturday!

Teams please feel free to double check your NRRs and make sure I've got them right. Lot of manual data entry, wouldn't be surprised if I've made a mistake somewhere.
Thanks for table update, will try and update for tomorrow's games either late Saturday or late Sunday night UK time - at work tomorrow so unfortunately won't be able to follow live as much as normal weekend games.

Huge game for us, TMOs resurgent and finding form it seems meanwhile if we win this game we should be decently placed with a game in hand.

Although some tough calls for us post CWC5 - Mayer and Jawas turn 22 which goes against what has been an all DEV side at Winton for a while. Mayer certainly the bigger factor as an all rounder but Jawad one of the very first names amongst current players - might have even been an early youth pull will check later

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
View attachment 32336

View attachment 32337

the tables look very pretty :)

Group B is such glorious chaos, too.