• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad farewell thread

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
What are your favourite memories of him? Stuart Broad’s greatest feats? Where does he rank in England’s plethora of pacemen? Lets discuss unwrap his decorated career here as it ends.

Did you know Stuart Broad is England’s 3rd highest t20 wicket taker and 4th highest in ODIs? His t20 stats are sublime

1690656286298.jpeg

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I posted this in the Ashes subforum thread for Broad, but worth putting here too.

I said in the match thread earlier today that he is just so much ****ing fun - as has been pointed out by others, he played that pantomime villain role perfectly.

But beyond that, what a bowler. Not consistently great, sure - but there can't be many bowlers in history who have bowled so many match changing/winning spells. When he was on, he was as close to unplayable as I think it's possible to get.

Certainly if the fate of the world was at stake and you had to choose one bowler on his best day to rip through the invading Martian XI with five or six for **** all in one devastating session, you would have to give serious consideration to picking Stuart Broad.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Excellent career. A bowler of great spells, very much in the VVS mode. And was a main reason England got to be a proper top side for a while. They will miss him.

Flem274*

123/5
A special player, and one in the more interesting and human tier of world class players. He could bowl like Ambrose and like an everyman in the same series. He was a bomb that could go off. One half of England's best opening combination of my lifetime and he was pretty fun to have around.

A quality career from a quality player. England will miss him.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just realised this only leaves Anderson and Mathews as blokes who've been around for as long as I've been watching cricket. :(

ataraxia

International Coach
Just realised this only leaves Anderson and Mathews as blokes who've been around for as long as I've been watching cricket. :(
Southee, Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Rohit, Kohli at least have all been playing international full-member cricket for longer than Mathews.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Southee, Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Rohit, Kohli at least have all been playing international full-member cricket for longer than Mathews.
The Deshis are a good shout but it looks like I overestimated how long Mathews has been around.