• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Waugh Tour Diaries?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
I'm planning to buy Steve Waugh's 1997 Ashes diary. Has anyone read it? And from all his tour diaries which one is the most impressive?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really enjoyed his '95 WI diary.

But he was probably a more skilled writer by the 2000s.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have his autobiography. He goes into detail about most of his career in that book. It's quite good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ve got all of them, and maybe it’s because the format got old really quickly, but after about the 1995 Windies one, they’re all the same and not particularly well written tbh. They aren’t horrible, just not that great. His magnum opus is pretty well written though, and if you’re choosing between getting the tour diaries or the autobiography, I would run with the latter, provided you don’t mind a really long read

burr

State Vice-Captain
As a kid, they were good for the pictures and the social tidbits on your favourite players. And now they are good for 90s nostalgia. His photo one (images of Waugh) was quite good. Not as good as Mark Ray's though. Cricket: the Game behind the Game. Love that book.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
So, I as for now I will pick his autobiography. And thanks "burr" for mentioning Mark Ray's book...this should be interesting!