• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stephen Fleming is the worst ever

michael_vaughan

School Boy/Girl Captain
hi

i just wanna say if he werent amazing well how did he get man of the seres in the natwest series with 3 good teams in i would love him to be english

jane

michael_vaughan

School Boy/Girl Captain
hi

yeah but thats gud i mean without gud captaincy you wud los i think hes class just cause hes not in top 10 batsmen alot to compete with but iam sure he and michael vaughan will get in the top ten and stay there :D

jane

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
haha you guys astound me..he's not brilliant in tests? he's got scores of 274* & 170 recently in tests. I think you'll find that in the next few years we'll see the best of Fleming..he'll become far more consistent.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fleming is not brilliant of course..but he's not as crap as you guys are suggesting he is.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tim said:
haha you guys astound me..he's not brilliant in tests? he's got scores of 274* & 170 recently in tests. I think you'll find that in the next few years we'll see the best of Fleming..he'll become far more consistent.
He isn't any better than good, IMO.

Of course, as I said earlier, he is in amazing form ATM - but I'm not sure he can keep going.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tim said:
yes and despite all that he still averages 38....ooh the hallmark of a brilliant test batsman, even tresco averages more.

shaka

International Regular
Flemings average will go past forty if he continues to perform with the bat that he has done over recent seasons, this will mean good news for NZ cricket

PY

International Coach
Fleming's better than Mike Brearley was with the bat (well he averages more) yet no-one argues with Brearley and his brilliance as an international cricketer. I use that as an example of another player who was more well known for his captaincy than his batting performances.

I wouldn't argue with people who say that Fleming doesn't warrant a place in Australia's side but he'd be a shoo-in for England I fancy.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
yes and despite all that he still averages 38....ooh the hallmark of a brilliant test batsman, even tresco averages more.
Career average doesn't tell the whole story. Steve Waugh had a very similar average to Flem after his first 60-odd tests. I bet a lot of people would describe him as above average!

Perhaps if he still averages 38 at the end of his career we can look back and say "He was okay, but..."