• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

dannyb

Cricket Spectator
now ive got that version i can actually edit it. but i cannot play as i get back to the runtime error, if anyone has it working could they do me a fav. give me the regular database but with me on? yeah i wanna make myself good but....ya know!

if anyone is willing let me know and all add to msn

cpr

International Coach
Neil, somehow, bizarrely, that old magpie has worked... in a weird sort of way

If i open the database with magpie old, save without doing ANY changes whatsoever, then open it with magpie current, it works fine, can save my changes... I've noticed with kentlads db, if i open and save with magpie old, then open with current, nothing has changed, ie harmison still has 118 bowling skill, despite Mag Old having a limit of 111

So i'm guessing all the other improvements in Mag Cur work too :)

edited a few players (including, gosh, wait for it, their histories), started a new game, no error message, histories not botched (though i changed each value independently, without using the clear buttons), havent had an error message yet.... not actually processed the game past day one yet though.....

So... yay, i suppose :)

---
edit, auto played match one of the season, worked fine and dandy

cpr

International Coach
you mean you dont understand what i'm saying, or you do understand what i'm saying, and havent got a clue why its doing what its doing :)

dannyb

Cricket Spectator
cpr said:
you mean you dont understand what i'm saying, or you do understand what i'm saying, and havent got a clue why its doing what its doing :)

i undertand....but it dint work when i tried it!

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Player salaries

Hey guys. Been using magpie to stack a team with top players, working fine, but once I get to the pre-season contracts screen it suddenly bumps up all my player's salaries so that I have no budget left.
Is this a solvable problem or do you just have to live with it for being a cheating *******? :p

Thanks in anticipation and here's hoping the Poms can roll the Aussies in the Ashes... please!

a massive zebra

International Captain
supereddi08 said:
Hey guys. Been using magpie to stack a team with top players, working fine, but once I get to the pre-season contracts screen it suddenly bumps up all my player's salaries so that I have no budget left.
Is this a solvable problem or do you just have to live with it for being a cheating *******? :p

Thanks in anticipation and here's hoping the Poms can roll the Aussies in the Ashes... please!
Edit your budget with artmoney.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
This one's mainly for Neil...

Just wondered if there's any progress on updating Magpie to include the ability to change ethnicity without the errors, and also to make bowling skill up to 120+ without the errors when trying to save.

Also on another point, is there a fielding ability - especially for wicket keepers??

Thanks.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The downloads in Step 8 no longer work - I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, could someone in the know help me out a touch please? :)

Mike2

Cricket Spectator
Error message

I am trying to get the editor working but when i get to step 10 i type it into DOS but i get an error message that says:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe - convdb -d datap.db datap.db1
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0714 IP:0330 OP:fe 15 89 77 60 Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

Attachments

Joey

Cricket Spectator
I have an issue when trying to save.
I'm editing some of the players and adding myself. I make the changes and get the below:

Attachments

Mike2

Cricket Spectator
Can someone please reply to my problem two posts ago. i would love to be able to edit the game but cant at the moment.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cwelthagen said:
How do I change my date to English (UK)
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Dates, Time, and Regional Settings (something like that) -> Regional Settings -> then on the first dropdown menu, choose English (UK)

Hope that helps :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Joey said:
I have an issue when trying to save.
I'm editing some of the players and adding myself. I make the changes and get the below:
I had a similar problem when I first used the program except the box in your message was an apostrophe in mine - the problem was when I had edited the career statistics - did you edit those?

Mike2

Cricket Spectator
Please reply to my post which is number 233. its been up here for ages but i still havent had a reply. please!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't have the faintest idea about that, sorry - see if the updated version that does the decryption itself will get you anywhere?