• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well after some fruitful meetings within the CWBCC board and the other cricketting boards involved.. here is a basic peep into the upcoming home series.. More to be released in detail after further meeting sessions ..

As from now...CWBCC have decided that there will be an annual tri series at home involving different nations and their board that choose to accept our invitation. The annual trophy has been named the "Chairmans Trophy" our main sponsor the CW Bar ofcourse..

This year for the innaugral "Chairmans Trophy" Tri series, the participating nations are..
India
Sri Lanka
CW XI - Home Team

The ODI tri series will be played ahead of the tests.. It will be a round robin format then a best of 3 finals....

( Shedule to be release before Friday Morning )

I hope once the new modified team kits are approved they will be available for use in the tri series..

And following the tri series will be a 3 match test series against the visiting side Sri Lanka.. CW Bar will be the main sponsor in that too..

-------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to posts your comments , views , excitement..

More to come shortly..

Thanks

CWBCC

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
oooooo....do dev league players get cheaper tickets or in for free? :).

Very good thou, hope to get up on the hill and heckle a few of the so called CWXI stars when they drop catches, get ducks etc. :p

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
oooooo....do dev league players get cheaper tickets or in for free?
dev players get in for free and have top reserved spot in the home ground, since you guys are members of CWBCC board/CW Cricket.. but you guys have to sit beside each other so keep the rivalry down :p temporarily.. Also since we are sponsored by CW Bar there is sure to be free drink service :p :)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
dev players get in for free and have top reserved spot in the home ground, since you guys are members of CWBCC board/CW Cricket.. but you guys have to sit beside each other so keep the rivalry down :p temporarily.. Also since we are sponsored by CW Bar there is sure to be free drink service :p :)

hmmm free drink service are you sure its a good idea to sit all the teams together once the drinks start flowing, the CWBCC might have a few incidents on there hands otherwise. :cool:

masterblaster

International Captain
Fantastic Initiative by the CWBCC.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for selection as I'm itching to bowl against the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Jayasuriya and Sangakkara.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Looking forward to a thrilling series...three of the world's best one-day teams at the moment, it's going to be absolutely top class cricket.

The big question: Will or won't Muralitharan play? ;)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Looking forward to a thrilling series...three of the world's best one-day teams at the moment, it's going to be absolutely top class cricket.

The big question: Will or won't Muralitharan play? ;)
hahahahaha i want a refund ( :ph34r: ) if he doesn't come!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ah this should be good. i'm pumped about it already. hopefully keep my performances going how they are and i might get a look in for the One dayers who knows. to have a home series though even to go and watch will be pretty good. Smack Shoaib over the fence and give Inzy cheek

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although it's stated in the initial post, I'm in a nice mood.

It's a tri-nations ODI series and a Test series against Sri Lanka.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Although it's stated in the initial post, I'm in a nice mood.

It's a tri-nations ODI series and a Test series against Sri Lanka.
Sorry, my eyes failed me there. :blink:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Is this a ODI series or a Test Championship kind of thing?

Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Its a Sri Lanka tour of CWXI... But it starts of with the innaugral ODI tri series involving Sri Lanka , CWXI and the other invitational team India..

Then is the 3 tests against Sri Lanka..

Cloete

International Captain
Looking forward to it!!! Hopefully my OD form doesn't keep failing me and I can get a position.

Even if I don't, it will be interesting to see who does and if there is any new guys coming through!