• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** South Africa Tour of CW !!! **

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, dissapointing result, nobody really stood up...

Couple of good performances in one innings but in the other those players didn't shine...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Mørk was our best player with solid contributions in both innings, well dont to Bhatia on picking up 4 wickets in the 1st innings.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Quicks seemed to cause our guys all sorts of problems with Ntini and Pollock both getting big-ish match halls. Meanwhile alot of the SA batsman got starts which padded their totals. Nevermind CWland will have its revenge on them very soon...

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Dissapointing loss...would have loved to see us have a win over the cricketing boks.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like the CW batsman will face a tough series and the South African's bat a long way down so it is going to be a tough series for the CWers.

PY

International Coach
Poo, I had a terrible game. Disappointing as there was a hint of form upturn for me in the Dev League.

Going to be a tough old series I fancy guys. Let's do this.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
6 & 22? I thought that was form for you, Pete? ;)

We really let the game slip when Boucher and Kemp got loose - apart from that, it was mostly a good game. Gave some answers, at least.

PY

International Coach
Samuel_Vimes said:
6 & 22? I thought that was form for you, Pete? ;)
Ho ho ho, you young upstart. You'll get your come-uppance.

I blame my poor performance on the overwhelming power of fish.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
We did really well to contain them to 268 atleast in their first innings, and sangrah bowled really well to take 4 wickets and the other bowlers supported well well.. also to mention we missed about 4 chances, keeper dropped a catch and missed a stumping ..
Our reply was poor.. apart from mork (56) and dobson who got onto starts we never had any other partnerships to carry us through and get close to that 268 mark or even over take that.. and we had a lot of trouble with the S.African pace attack, Ntini and Pollock cut through regularly.
Bowlers did alright in the 2nd innings too, its just the S.African batsmen were in a better position this time and their middle order took the game away from us, Kemp played really well for his 109, which made our position in our match tougher..
In Reply we did a lot better than our 1st innings, lots of batsmen getting onto starts.. but we failed to carry through again, and we didnt have anyone doing it big to get us there.. and we didnt make those big partnerships again..

Lots of lessons for the 2nd game..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Which means the game should have been simmed yesterday. Either way, one of you buggered up :D
The database reached Reuben in the morning NZ time/afternoon my time. He understandably wasn't around to sim it on a Monday morning.