• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some Steve Smith question

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Holding had a school mate who he played cricket with who was a very high level runner, if I'm recalling his autobio correctly. I think he said there was some confusion between the two of them and it started that way, but you mght be right re Cozier starting it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think it was Arlott on commentary who started it at the time and it basically grew from there. Don't think Bradman ever said it at all.
I find it laughable that anyone could ever think it was actually legitimate. I mean seriously, missed the ball because he had a tear in his eye in his last innings? lol come on

aussie tragic

International Captain
I find it laughable that anyone could ever think it was actually legitimate. I mean seriously, missed the ball because he had a tear in his eye in his last innings? lol come on
I don't think Bradman ever cried in his life. Other Aussie captains like Kim Hughes, Michael Clarke and Steve Smith do though ;)

Burner

International Regular
The tear in the eye story is bollocks isnt it
Nah, it isn't. I remember that it was a heavy tear that fell from his eyes onto the bat when the ball was bowled that disrupted his balance. That's the only reason he was bowled. You can also see it from the way he was walking back to the pavilion; he had a heavy left step because of having more tears in his left eye.