• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So now what do you prefer? ODI's vs 2020s

Which do you prefer

• ODIs

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • 2020s

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • undecided/unsure

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Well, 20 20 really dictates that you get explosive batsmen as opposed to your Dravids, Kallis' of batting.

ODI you can get away with anchor type batsmen. 20 20 forces you to have explosive batsmen and if one of the top 6 explosion comes off you get your typical 20 20 total.

There is no room for 'dabblers' in 20 20. Having said that, ODI is damn boring to watch between overs 25-35.

Test cricket anyday for me. :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've generally been quite the critic of 20/20, but if there's one thing it has done which is good, its that rubbish bowling by part-timers gets punished.
And good bowling by good bowlers as well.

I realise this doesn't change the fact that part-time bowling generally gets smashed, but the point is that it's not a case of "part-time bowling gets smashed", it's that "bowling gets smashed".