• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Cook

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't remember much of Nicholson bowling at all, but what I do remember about him is when he randomly became a good batsman for a couple of years.

Spent most his career as a bunny then one game (for WA I think) made a ton as nightwatchman and then basically became an all-rounder for a bit. Similar thing that happened to Ashley Noffke

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember the days where Noffers pretty much single handedly carried QLD with bat and ball for a couple of years. Around the time Bichel and Kasprowicz were finishing up

morgieb

Yeah Noffke was a weird player. Was looking pretty promising for ages, but then lost form dramatically before having a year or two where he was basically Queensland's best batsman and bowler. Then he went to WA and basically was finished at a young-ish age.

Definitely someone that could've been something in different circumstances. Also makes me think that were a lot of bowlers back then that'd have much better stats consistently if they were around today.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't remember much of Nicholson bowling at all, but what I do remember about him is when he randomly became a good batsman for a couple of years.

Spent most his career as a bunny then one game (for WA I think) made a ton as nightwatchman and then basically became an all-rounder for a bit. Similar thing that happened to Ashley Noffke
Sorry wasn’t Nicholson I faced but Richard Stobo

Both tall guys whose actions fell apart in delivery stride

Noffke was a very good cricketer but another one who suffered copious injuries

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry wasn’t Nicholson I faced but Richard Stobo

Both tall guys whose actions fell apart in delivery stride

Noffke was a very good cricketer but another one who suffered copious injuries
I haven't seen Richard Stobo, but from what I have heard he was pretty similar to his son as a bowler. If that is the case then peak Nicholson was definitely a yard quicker. See what you mean about the action though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I haven't seen Richard Stobo, but from what I have heard he was pretty similar to his son as a bowler. If that is the case then peak Nicholson was definitely a yard quicker. See what you mean about the action though
Definitely

Better description might be slightly shorter Peter George

morgieb

Pretty surprised that Stobo's average was over 70 then. Though I guess Trent Johnston's Shield average was similar.