• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silent Draft Vote

Best 2 teams in "Silent Draft"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Team picked in the Silent Draft

With only 6 teams involved, please pick your top 2 only.

Milenko47
H Sutcliffe
WH Ponsford
IVA Richards
RG Pollock
GS Sobers*
AC Gilchrist +
W Rhodes
MH Mankad
MW Tate
RR Lindwall
CV Grimmett

Red Hill
Sunil Gavaskar
Barry Richards
Brian Lara
Stan McCabe
Shakib Al Hasan
Les Ames +
Mike Procter
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Harold Larwood
Curtly Ambrose

mr_mister
Jack Hobbs
Len Hutton *
Wally Hammond 7
Kumar Sangakkarra +
Andy Flower
Charlie McCartney 6
Jack Gregory 4
Hugh Tayfield 5
Dennis Lillee 1
Sydney Barnes 3
Allan Donald 2

Honest Hunks
WG Grace (vc) (4)
Virender Sehwag (7)
Don Bradman (c)
George Headley
Clyde Walcott (backup wk)
AB De Villiers (wk)
Aubrey Faulkner (6)
Shaun Pollock (2)
Alan Davidson (1)
Shane Warne (5)
Fred Trueman (3)

Stephen's superstars
Matthew Hayden
Arthur Morris
Ken Barrington
Everton Weekes
Jacques Kallis (6)
Keith Miller (2)
Ian Botham (3)
Imran Khan (4)
Farokh Engineer+
Richie Benaud (c) (5)
Richard Hadlee (1)

Overpriced XI (ankitj)
Bill Brown
Rahul Dravid
Steven Smith
Sachin Tendulkar
Younis Khan
Frank Worrell [5] *
Allan Knott +
Malcolm Marshall [1]
Bill O'Reilly [3]
Muttiah Muralitharan [4]
Glenn McGrath [2]

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Stephen's side just has insane batting depth, so think I have to give him a nod, and Red Hill's seam attack is so dreamy as to make me overlook a slight weakness in his spin dept.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't vote for myself in drafts (though I do love my team, all of whom have at least two centuries to their names) so I'll have to say that the honest hunks and overpriced XI are my two favourites from the others there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, keeping my side aside, its a tough choice really. Ankit's bowling attack absolutely demands a vote, but stephen with all the allrounders and Red Hill with a very balanced side that includes my favorite cricketer of all time. Going with the allrounders here, juz for how fun it would be to actually see that kind of a side in action.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
All of these sides are very strong, but voted for HB due to having ATG strength in all areas & Stephen for his super cray-cray batting depth.

stephen

I like to think that my bowling depth is just as good as my batting depth. All four quicks are legitimate ATG bowlers (Botham only for half his career but still) who complement each other well and Benaud was an ATG spinner. Having Kallis as a 6th bowling option is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Honest Hunks was my first pick. Love the top 3 especially.

Went Red Hill narrowly over Stephen but there wasn't anything in it quality wise. I just like the idea of B Richards and Lara batting together more than Kallis and Barrington.

stephen

Honest Hunks was my first pick. Love the top 3 especially.

Went Red Hill narrowly over Stephen but there wasn't anything in it quality wise. I just like the idea of B Richards and Lara batting together more than Kallis and Barrington.
Haha yeah I picked my middle order to stock around with the tail, not to win any aesthetic competitions.