• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should the BG series have 5 tests from next time?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As things stand with the two teams, wonder how a fifth Test in the current series would've gone. Kartik Tyagi for Saini would be the only change for India, but Aus might've had some thinking to do.
Ashwin and Bumrah were close to playing this Test so might've been a chance to play a fifth one.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It also depends where they would have played the 5th. If it is not a green pitch, I think they would play Kuldeep before Tyagi.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Short series decapitate enjoyment. If the series is competitive, it is good to have it longer. And if it is lopsided, one set of fans gets to enjoy smugness more.
But a 5 series could only work when you do a full tour with gaps between tests and many fc games on tour, so I know I'm only dreaming.

Aritro

International Regular
Mods, can we turn the OP into a poll?

I might be in a minority here, but I for one would like to see less cricket of the highest calibre.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
No. Why not a 7 test series? The amount of cricket played these days means quality of cricket will suffer in an interminable series. 4 hits the sweet spot.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
A five Test series could & should be do-able, but unfortunately the cricket authorities around the world need to fit in their cotton-candy T20 comps each summer.

Tbh, the Ashes/BGT are probably the only two series' which could be stretched to five Tests these days & still be financially profitable.