• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shock horror cricket in the UAE involving the UAE

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Scotland leave for the UAE tomorrow to play their Intercontinental Cup match against the UAE. Their squad is as follows:

Intercontinental Cup squad v United Arab Emirates; 16 to 19 February
Gordon Drummond (Captain), Preston Mommsen, Alasdair Evans, Ryan Flannigan, Simon Smith (wk), Ewan Chalmers, Richie Berrington, Freddie Coleman, Calum MacLeod, Craig Wallace, Gordon Goudie, Safyaan Sharif, Majid Haq

For me the batting has a serious lack of experience in it with Coetzer not able to take part due to BPL commitments. Josh Davey will also be a miss. My other concern comes in the bowling department. While Majid Haq is a very good spinner at this standard the only spin bowling support he has (unless someone bowls spin that I don't know about) is Preston Mommsen. Given the recent series in the UAE have been heavily influenced by spin I hope that we have not left ourselves short in that department, or that Mommsen can step up also. I am pretty confident the side can carry Scotland to victory though.

I am glad that Scotland's WCL matches are in the UAE just before the World T20 qualifier though. It should hopefully mean that are squad are more accustom to the conditions than some of the other squads.

Scotland Announce Squads for UAE and Sri Lanka Tours | Cricket Scotland

Riggins

International Captain
Spin the only area I wouldn't be concerned about imo. Reckon Chalmers will make a score, good player.