• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
I noticed the bowling figures of the Hampshire v Somerset game....

Code:
Bowling                      O      M      R      W
Taylor                      15.2    3     62      1 (1nb, 1w)
Tremlett                    18      6     44      2 (1nb)
Watson                       8.4    2     28      0 (1w)
Mascarenhas                 10.3    1     45      3
Udal                         6.5    1     17      2
Clarke                       1      0      1      0
Shane Watson hasn't broken down again has he?

Waughney

International Debutant
Don't think so, at least not seriously as he was batting before stumps 12*. Maybe a minor injury eg. cramp?

That's ridiculous, if there is a man who should be in the team, it's Watto.

Even if he's injured, it's not affecting his batting. 74* when rain stopped play.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Shane Watson became the fifth Hampshire player in history to score a century in his debut match for the county. His magnificent three figure innings which consisted of 16 fours and 1 six was made throughout with the aid of a runner, following a hamstring injury.
Well looks like its not TOO serious. But might put him out for a week or 2.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Sounds like he has zero chance of playing in the top end Test series or ODI series as was mooted in the press last week.

Craig

World Traveller
Gaijin-san said:
That's ridiculous, if there is a man who should be in the team, it's Watto.

Even if he's injured, it's not affecting his batting. 74* when rain stopped play.
In place of who?

Didn't say he should replace someone.. Just said he should be there :P If that makes any sense. It does in my head.

Anyway, if I had to replace someone with him, it'd be Symonds every day of the week.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Well for starters Symonds isn't in the Test squad.

And there is no way you could drop him from the ODI side.

Code:
2003 (27y 206d)       31   734 143*  43.17   1   4  14  3/42   43.78  0  17  0
2004 (28y 206d)       16   580  88   52.72   0   4  15  2/24   43.06  0   4  0
How could you drop him?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Gaijin-san said:
Didn't say he should replace someone.. Just said he should be there :P If that makes any sense. It does in my head.

Anyway, if I had to replace someone with him, it'd be Symonds every day of the week.
You'd be a fool. Symonds has been our best batsman and fielder in the last 2 years, and picked up wickets every now and again too :dry:

Watson should not be in the team, does not come close.

Hoggy said:
I assume there is a theory to this?
Assumptions, assumptions, presumptions and arrogance...

Of course there's a theory you nightowl. Switch on your clicker.

Perhaps Watto isn't in the test squad, but he might make it at Williams expense. And Symonds is just garbage so I thought I'd have a go at him. In the test squad, I'd pick Katich to bugger off.