• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib, Stokes, or Jadeja?

Shakib, Stokes, or Jadeja?

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If Ashwin is considered a bowler who bats well (rather than an a/r), these 3 are clearly the best allrounders since Kallis.

Who is the best of the 3?

Last edited:

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Batting: Stokes > Shakib > Jadeja
Bowling: Shakib > Jadeja > Stokes

jadeja and stokes dont know how to bowl in limited overs. + the fact jadeja is a home track bully in tests which inflate that test average. + Shakib is a standalone player with no support his whole career.

shakib is this generations premiere all rounder after previous gen’s Kallis.

stokes second for me for his iconic clutch moments

Xix2565

International Debutant
Jadeja is perfectly fine in ODIs, and if he's a home track bully Stokes and Shakib are even worse than him in that regard. He's clear first ahead of the other three if you know the game.

Xix2565

International Debutant
The whole point of bringing up HTB is that the player has a large performance gap at home vs away - which is seen as a negative. By saying Stokes and Shakib were worse in that context you were implying they are bigger HTBs than Jadeja.
I don't see the home/away record disparity as that bad in the overall context though. Stokes is handily the worse bowler given the conditions he plays in compared to the other two, who you can say often don't get spin friendly surfaces outside of Asia. And as far as batting goes, I rate Jadeja's ability in recent times as a better value for his position compared to the other two. Not that this should be seen as a slight/**** to any of them, they're all greats who deserve respect.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
To me, even Stokes is more of a batting all-rounder. A much better batsman than both the spinners and a much worse bowler than both the spinners.

Shakib and Jadeja are two perfect balanced all-rounders. Very difficult to rate one above the other.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
To me, even Stokes is more of a batting all-rounder. A much better batsman than both the spinners and a much worse bowler than both the spinners.

Shakib and Jadeja are two perfect balanced all-rounders. Very difficult to rate one above the other.
Jadeja is a better bowler than Shakib and Shakib during his career was a better batsman than Jadeja as he batted at 5-6 always. Even if Shakib played for India, he would have batted at 6 or 7 since early of his career.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant

Just like the way Jadeja balances his home and away record so greatly hey

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Jadeja is perfectly fine in ODIs, and if he's a home track bully Stokes and Shakib are even worse than him in that regard. He's clear first ahead of the other three if you know the game.
With a 31 avg at home and 41 away, this guy cant bully in any condition mate

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And as far as batting goes, I rate Jadeja's ability in recent times as a better value for his position compared to the other two.
Dunno if value in your position is how you should rate batting. Stokes is quite far ahead as a batsman imo.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Who said 36 away in test and 41 in odis is ‘ok’?

Thats horrendous.
Horrendous is what people who just go by averages think, without looking at the context of how those matches were played.

Also, how did you read 34.5 as 36? Also, Stokes averages 33 away BTW.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Horrendous is what people who just go by averages think, without looking at the context of how those matches were played.

Also, how did you read 34.5 as 36? Also, Stokes averages 33 away BTW.
Im not comparing here. Im simply talking about his poor away record, which makes him a poor asset to have as soon as india steps out of its country. What kind of atg is that?