• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib and mehedi or nabi and Rashid

Tom Flint

International Regular
4 very good bowlers and can all hold a bat but which pair would you rather have in your team for an odi

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah interesting question. Rashid+Nabi are definitely the better bowling combination, but Shakib being a proper bat in ODIs could tip the scales, and Mehedi is improving pretty rapidly as an ODI bowler. It'd absolutely depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the team I was trying to jam them into, but for a team in the 7th-10th sort of ranking space they both occupy I'd probably take Shakib+Mehedi.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shakib's batting is too good to give up on. Nabi and Rashid only if the rest of the bowling is really weak.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yes I know Shakib is a proper batsman and is the best all round player of the 4. But the question is valid as Rashid bowling is almost good enough in odi 's to sway my answer towards them

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes I know Shakib is a proper batsman and is the best all round player of the 4. But the question is valid as Rashid bowling is almost good enough in odi 's to sway my answer towards them
Yeah it's definitely a close call. For a good team with better batting than bowling I'd definitely change my answer. Shakib being two genuinely good players in one is too much to pass up for a lower ranked side though. Afghanistan for example would definitely improve as a side if they made a swap, and with Bangladesh it's really less clear either way.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Mehedi always seems to do a job with the bat in tests as well as odis. I would go for the Bangladesh pair

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, good question. I will go with Shakib and Mehedi as well. But the S-M pair is clearly better at batting while N-R pair is clearly better at bowling. Shakib and Rashid sway the scales and it depends on the make-up of the team to choose the combination.