• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Series predictions thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Result: India 2-1
Most runs Aus: Labuschagne
Most runs Ind: Agarwal
Most wickets Aus: Cummins
Most wickets Ind: Shami
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Steve Smith, Virat Kohli
Injuries: None
Dropped players: Shaw, Burns, Ashwin, Starc
Random: 1) Ashwin and Shaw will do decently in the first test but will still get dropped for Jaddu and Rohit for the third test
2) Steve Smith doesn't get a single century in the series
3) Labuschagne to carry his bat while the rest of the Aussie batsmen struggle in the first test
4) Jaddu will do his sword thing this series
This almost happened today.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Result: India 2-1 still alive
Most runs Aus: Labuschagne win
Most runs Ind: Agarwal loss
Most wickets Aus: Cummins win
Most wickets Ind: Shami loss
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Steve Smith, Virat Kohli win
Injuries: None big loss ha ha
Dropped players: Shaw, Burns, Ashwin, Starc win
Random: 1) Ashwin and Shaw will do decently in the first test but will still get dropped for Jaddu and Rohit for the third test so-so
2) Steve Smith doesn't get a single century in the series loss but quite close
3) Labuschagne to carry his bat while the rest of the Aussie batsmen struggle in the first test almost a win
4) Jaddu will do his sword thing this series win

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Result: 4-0 Aus
Most runs Aus: Smith
Most runs India: Rahul
Most wickets India: Shami
Biggest failure: Burns, Shaw
Injuries: Bumrah, Green (hopefully not but their track records aren't fantastic)
Random: Pucocski never gets a game
Not a great strike rate this time around.

Still, biggest failures was correct, if we ignore the true biggest failures - the Indian fitness management team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ash was not dropped and I think your prediction in the Platinum Lounge was far better. You called Ashwin to have a series defining performance and he has, even the one game he was ordinary in, as a bowler, he batted brilliantly and got us a draw. : )

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Result: Australia 3-0 :----- laugh:
Most runs Aus: Smith -----Close but no
Most runs Ind: Agarwal (<300runs)----- :lol:
Most wickets Aus: Hazelwood -----Close but no
Most wickets Ind: Shami ----- :(
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Head, Rahane (and shaw but thyats too obvious) 1/2 a point
Injuries: Hopefully none obv, but Ashwin is probably a lock here. -----Yep unfortunately
Dropped players: Shaw ----- Easiest prediction ever
Random: 1) Rahane loses captaincy to Rohit before the end of the series ----- Worst prediction ever. **** kohli
2) India dont reach 400 in any of their innings -----Yep, predictably low scoring
Overall 3.5/10 . Woeful, less woeful than Nathan Lyon.

Spark

Global Moderator
Result: India 2-1 (I'm that pessimistic)
Most runs Aus: Marnus
Most runs Ind: Pujara
Most wickets Ind: Bumrah
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Smith, Lyon, one Indian opener
Injuries: at least one bowler from each team
Dropped players: One Indian opener and pace bowler (Aus is pick'n'stick, as in stuck in melted tar type stick)
Random: Burns to score enough first up to 'give him the series', still averages under 20, I get annoyed

Go. Post by 1500 AEDT, 1100 IST tomorrow
These are amazingly close to being spot on.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Result: Somebody 2-1 Yes; I was really hedging my bets, wasn't I?
Most runs Aus: Smith (which means we'll be in trouble if he fails) No, second bit is kind of true
Most runs Ind: Pujara No, but close or Agarwal No, he didn't repeat last series
Most wickets Aus: Cummins Yes
Most wickets Ind: Bumrah No
Biggest failures: Labuschagne No, Lyon Yes; Shaw Yes, Umesh No, don't think it'd be fair to say so
Injuries: One bowler and one batsman per side Five bowlers and one batsman for India, so I was way underestimating it, One or Two batsmen for Australia (depending on if you count Warner), no bowlers
Dropped players: Ashwin No, KL Didn't play, so Yes?, Head Yes, Green (or possibly thorugh injury) No, Burns Yes
Random: Starc to do his usual thing (or is that not random?) Yes; Jadeja will definitely play at some point Yes
To tally it up, I'll say 10/19, which is a low C.

However, I did do my own marking.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Result: India 2-1 (I'm that pessimistic) pessimism well founded
Most runs Aus: Marnus yes
Most runs Ind: Pujara three off
Most wickets Aus: Cummins yes
Most wickets Ind: Bumrah no (1 off)
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Smith, Lyon, one Indian opener 2/3
Injuries: at least one bowler from each team 1/2, glad I went for 'at least'
Dropped players: One Indian opener and pace bowler (Aus is pick'n'stick, as in stuck in melted tar type stick) 1/2 - India didn't have a chance to drop a pace bowler, we did drop Burns
Random: Burns to score enough first up to 'give him the series', still averages under 20, I get annoyed almost but not quite

Overall score 4 2/3 out of 9 - a pass

My best series prediction to date, especially being quite close on some of the misses

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Result: India 2-1 (I'm that pessimistic)
Most runs Aus: Marnus
Most runs Ind: Pujara
Most wickets Ind: Bumrah
Biggest failure (at least one from each): Smith, Lyon, one Indian opener
Injuries: at least one bowler from each team
Dropped players: One Indian opener and pace bowler (Aus is pick'n'stick, as in stuck in melted tar type stick)
Random: Burns to score enough first up to 'give him the series', still averages under 20, I get annoyed

Go. Post by 1500 AEDT, 1100 IST tomorrow
Amazing.