• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

See ya, Braces - it's been, errrrr, grand?

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Any bets on Rixon re-applying for the position since the last recent interview I heard from him is how he is dissappointed with the way Black Caps have gone since he's left, and that he won't mind another shot at coaching Black Caps. He also had a word or two to say about Vettori's action and how it can be improved to be effective in tests. Now if only that article can be dug up magically...

Agree with J Wright being the next coach, who else (overseas coach or otherwise) comes to mind that's coming off contract at around the same time.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
great news! i dont know why the didnt sack him after the world cup. Test cricket is regarded by most nations as the real game and with better coaching we could be a lot better in tests.

I would love to see John Wright coaching us but I dont think hes really too interested. I think Steve Rixon is the best bet as he has expressed some interest in the job, and I wouldnt mind seing him their a bit older and wiser then last time.

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Doubt Wright will take it.

From an inside source Wright reckons that the team atm is to much of a useless bunch of sods.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So I don't see anything wrong in an overseas coach in the Steve Rixon-mould, even a Duncan Fletcher type got results with England and was successful in the test arena - is that not what we're looking for?
Only very rarely do hometown coaches work better than overseas ones.

GGG

State Captain
great news! i dont know why the didnt sack him after the world cup. Test cricket is regarded by most nations as the real game and with better coaching we could be a lot better in tests.

I would love to see John Wright coaching us but I dont think hes really too interested. I think Steve Rixon is the best bet as he has expressed some interest in the job, and I wouldnt mind seing him their a bit older and wiser then last time.
Yeah Rixon for me if Wright isn't interested. http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spcri/Detail.aspx?id=137114