• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 10 Charity Matches - Availability check

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Hoggy31 said:
I put my hand up to keep and open the batting for the 5D Bowling XI.
I'd love to join him.
Code:
Player                     T     I   NO    Runs   Avge  HS   100   50   Ct  St
N.R. Hancock              16    30    3     516  19.11  78     0    2   10   0
I'm down as an allrounder who opens, a la real life, although the batting hasn't been terrific this year...

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
I think that might be the second time I've made that mistake. Oops.

5D Bowling XI - Provisional

AA Cameron [green] - confirmed
DJ Watt [red] - confirmed
DM Kennett [red]
DP Richards [black] - confirmed
GM Thomas [colts] - confirmed
HG Warwick [black] - confirmed
KS Wright [colts]
NA Borcich [red]
NR Hancock [colts] - confirmed
NS Pickup [black] - confirmed
XPA Rose [blue] - confirmed

Pickup has been invited to take on the role as captain for this side, with Watt invited to take on the role as vice captain.
It'd be an honour.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
The following players have been invited to take on captaincy roles for the charity OD series...

SE Fuller (CW Blue)
MW Wilson (CW Black)
JP McNamara (CW Colts)
BC Cunningham (CW Green)
SA Bennett (CW Red)

If they could reply ASAP regarding this, that would be great. If they could also let me know what they would like to nickname their sides, that would be great.

Also, in an interesting turn of events, I just noticed that all four of the CW Dev League captains currently involved in this series (Kyle has yet to sign up) will be on the same team. :blink: One of the above captains is therefore going to have a real headache keeping them all satisfied with field placings. :p
Thanks mate i'd be honoured to captain a team :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
I think a Batracer XI would look pretty strong...

Moerk, Pickup, Goff, Malone, Bennett, Robbins, Cloete, Weber, Patrick, Gundry, Mitchell, Nayak, Delacruz, Cameron, Borcich etc.

(naturally just a suggestion - depends entirely on how the charity series teams are going to be organised).
What about the discoverer ;)?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
I'd like to bat 3 or 4, but that's up to the cappo
Richards, Warwick, Borcich and Hancock are the pseudo-allrounders in the XI.

Rose can hold a bat alright, and everyone knows DK. Then there's five in Me, Kyle, Watto, Greg and Andy who are, well, batting bottom six.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Richards, Warwick, Borcich and Hancock are the pseudo-allrounders in the XI.

Rose can hold a bat alright, and everyone knows DK. Then there's five in Me, Kyle, Watto, Greg and Andy who are, well, batting bottom six.
Given that it's unlikely that both Kyle and David will be signing up anytime soon, expect to see Cunningham and Collins added to your squad.

Loony BoB

International Captain
With Feeney signed in, Markus opting out and Blackman coming in for him, the confirmed OD Batting XI is...

OD Batting XI - CONFIRMED

A Blackman (CW Black)
A Crampton (CW Blue)
AL Feeney (CW Red)
AP Chaulk (CW Black)
AP Cloete (CW Blue)
BJ Goff (c) (CW Blue)
JE Stedman (CW Red)
NG Scott (CW Green)
RJ Dauth (CW Red)
RJ Malone (CW Red)
SE Fuller (vc) (CW Blue)

Smith and Halsey have not yet signed in for the charity series, and their OD Bowling XI places will move to Thompson (CW Black) and Edmunds (CW Red).

OD Bowling XI - CONFIRMED

AA Cameron (CW Green)
CP Thompson (CW Black)
GN Nayak (CW Red)
HG Warwick (CW Black)
JP McNamara (CW Colts)
LA Camps (vc) (CW Blue)
NS Hoy (CW Black)
NS Pickup (c) (CW Black)
PG Gundry (CW Green)
RE Edmunds (CW Red)
XPA Rose (CW Green)

Moving on to the longer game, a lack of Jellett along with CWXI seamers Kennett and Wright means Fuller comes in for the Batting side while Cunningham and Collins take the field for the Bowling XI.

5D Batting XI - CONFIRMED

A Blackman (CW Black)
AJ Garven (c) (CW Green)
AP Cloete (CW Blue)
DJ Kearsley (CW Black)
DP Smith (CW Black)
NG Scott (CW Green)
PE Young (vc) (CW Blue)
S Jasotharan (CW Colts)
SE Fuller (CW Blue)
SG Fitzsimmons (CW Black)
T Mamesh (CW Red)

5D Bowling XI - CONFIRMED

AA Cameron (CW Green)
AAA Collins (CW Blue)
BC Cunningham (CW Green)
DJ Watt (vc) (CW Red)
DP Richards (CW Black)
GM Thomas (CW Colts)
HG Warwick (CW Black)
NA Borcich (CW Red)
NR Hancock (CW Colts)
NS Pickup (c) (CW Black)
XPA Rose (CW Green)

Congratulations to all of those involved. :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very honoured to be on both of those lists. And I hope those aren't the batting orders. I know I opened the batting once, but come on...

Loony BoB

International Captain
The order I named them in is a well-hidden secret.

Batting orders will be up to the captains, as will things such as who keeps, who bowls and tactics. The Uncapped XI is the only side which has a basic lineup which is given to the captain - although Age is free to change it if he feels the need. speaking of which, here is the Uncapped XI who will take on the CW Bar XI in a 5D match.

CW Uncapped XI

NG Scott (CW Green)
DP Smith (CW Black)
G Nayak (CW Colts)
AJ Garven (c) (CW Green)
S Jasotharan (wk) (CW Colts)
A Blackman (CW Black)
NR Hancock (CW Colts)
HG Warwick (CW Black)
SA Bennett (vc) (CW Red)
NA Borcich (CW Red)
GM Thomas (CW Colts)

12th Man: DS Singh (CW Green)
13th Man: T Loganathan (CW Red)

Congratulations to those involved. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Should I just assume that Bryce and Jack will be okay captaining their OD sides? I've still not heard from them. I might just name backup captains for each side...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Should I just assume that Bryce and Jack will be okay captaining their OD sides? I've still not heard from them. I might just name backup captains for each side...
Probably a good idea, any chance of naming the teams for the round robin matches.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Decided to make it four squads of 16 players each, and the remaining captain will be whoever gets here first out of Bryce or Jack. :p If neither of them do, I'll take on the remaining side until one of them joins in.

Sean, Sean, Mike and Jack/Bryce - Please let me know a name you'd like to call your sides.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Decided to make it four squads of 16 players each, and the remaining captain will be whoever gets here first out of Bryce or Jack. :p If neither of them do, I'll take on the remaining side until one of them joins in.

Sean, Sean, Mike and Jack/Bryce - Please let me know a name you'd like to call your sides.
Wouldn't it be better to have 5 teams, so everyone got a good hit out.