• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scottish Saltires

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Was Scottish Saltires a professional club team? After Scottish Saltires, there is no professional club in Scotland? Does Ireland have any professional club? Is there any possibility for a Scottish-Irish professional club?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Scotland and Ireland must have professional clubs (de facto national teams) and decent national stadiums for them.

Chubb

International Regular
This was the name Scotland used when they played in the English domestic competition - it was their national team rather than a club, though they were allowed an overseas player as the counties were.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Ireland has an Intro-provisional domestic competition which has professional status.

There's only 3 sides in the competition however and I don't think it's taken place since 2019 because of the pandemic, a 4th team was added to the one-day competition but I'm not sure if they're near to being added to the FC competition.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
This was the name Scotland used when they played in the English domestic competition - it was their national team rather than a club, though they were allowed an overseas player as the counties were.
Scotland CC, a permanent professional club which is also de facto national team, is necessary.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Ireland has an Intro-provisional domestic competition which has professional status.

There's only 3 sides in the competition however and I don't think it's taken place since 2019 because of the pandemic, a 4th team was added to the one-day competition but I'm not sure if they're near to being added to the FC competition.
Which region does not have a professional club? Is there any sectarianism in Irish Cricket?

WICFan

U19 Captain
Which region does not have a professional club? Is there any sectarianism in Irish Cricket?
I'm not aware if any sectarianism in Iriah cricket, I think the last incident of sectarianism was a Protestant club in Belfast having to move due to constant arson attacks on it's pavilion around 2000/2001.

"North" is selected from 3 counties and North West is selected from the West of Ulster, which is 3 counties plus Donegal.

Ireland doesn’t have a "National Stadium", International matches are shared around a few grounds.

Malahide was host to Pakistan for the only test played in Ireland, I think it's capacity is 11,000-12,000, Stormont in Belfast holds roughly 6,000-7,000.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I'm not aware if any sectarianism in Iriah cricket, I think the last incident of sectarianism was a Protestant club in Belfast having to move due to constant arson attacks on it's pavilion around 2000/2001.

"North" is selected from 3 counties and North West is selected from the West of Ulster, which is 3 counties plus Donegal.

Ireland doesn’t have a "National Stadium", International matches are shared around a few grounds.

Malahide was host to Pakistan for the only test played in Ireland, I think it's capacity is 11,000-12,000, Stormont in Belfast holds roughly 6,000-7,000.
So Cavan and Monaghan are not covered by any professional club?

WICFan

U19 Captain
So Cavan and Monaghan are not covered by any professional club?
I think Cavan Cricket Club is part of Connacht Cricket Union and Monaghan Cricket Club is a member of Northern Cricket Union, as for the status or plan for these clubs, I don't know.