• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar for the 1990-2007 ODI XI

Where should Sachin Tendulkar bat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swervy

International Captain
Would anyone seriously argue that Tendulkar should not be in a side like this?

If so, I personally would ignore them, TBH.

Bevan and Tendulkar should be dead-certs.

You what....what is the point of this. You are asking people for their opinions and then disregarding the ones you don't agree with.

This is a complete joke

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Most unlike him to vote that way I must say.

I was expecting someone to select that option, but he was pretty much the last one I'd have guessed!
Given that he is now an English fan, I wouldn't be surprised if he feels that Nick Knight should play ahead of Tendulkar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You what....what is the point of this. You are asking people for their opinions and then disregarding the ones you don't agree with.

This is a complete joke
The "he shouldn't be in the side" is clearly a joke option and is only ever going to be voted for by someone as a joke.

You do realise who the one person so far to vote for it is, don't you? Probably the most patriotic Indian on the board, who'll probably vote for Mahendra Dhoni ahead of Adam Gilchrist when the time comes.

Swervy

International Captain
The "he shouldn't be in the side" is clearly a joke option and is only ever going to be voted for by someone as a joke.

You do realise who the one person so far to vote for it is, don't you? Probably the most patriotic Indian on the board, who'll probably vote for Mahendra Dhoni ahead of Adam Gilchrist when the time comes.
I don't really care who voted what....Richie Benaud could vote on this, and if you didnt agree with his opinion, you would still disregard it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really care who voted what....Richie Benaud could vote on this, and if you didnt agree with his opinion, you would still disregard it.
If Richie Benaud was so outrageous as to suggest that Sachin Tendulkar didn't make a 1990-2007 ODI side then quite frankly I would disregard his opinion and lose a fair bit of respect for him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Richard at the end of this are you going to make it into a debate as to who would win in the match?

Swervy

International Captain
If Richie Benaud was so outrageous as to suggest that Sachin Tendulkar didn't make a 1990-2007 ODI side then quite frankly I would disregard his opinion and lose a fair bit of respect for him.
But if you are going to ask for opinions on a poll, you have to take all of them into account.
If he disregards the opinions he does not agree with, why doesn't he just compile his own team

Perm

But if you are going to ask for opinions on a poll, you have to take all of them into account.
If he disregards the opinions he does not agree with, why doesn't he just compile his own team
No, you don't, not when the "He shouldn't make the team" is quite obviously a joke option and Turbinator presumably voted for that option as a joke. He is only disregarding the opinion, if you can call it that, because it's a joke on Turbinator's behalf.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Ffs, he hasn't disregarded the opinions he doesn't agree with yet, has he? He's stated before that by and large he will form the team on the basis of the votes cast on CW, if only one person votes for a certain option then it obviously won't be regarded highly.

Swervy

International Captain
Ffs, he hasn't disregarded the opinions he doesn't agree with yet, has he? He's stated before that by and large he will form the team on the basis of the votes cast on CW, if only one person votes for a certain option then it obviously won't be regarded highly.
but he has stated that intention....If he is asking for the peoples vote, in order to get some sort of team together for an article, then he should, without question, stick with the results of said vote. But he has said that if he doesnt agree with it, he will veto it....which is a complete joke.

It would be better if he came up with a team himself, and then a debate be struck up around that.

This all just looks to be a waste of space IMO

Swervy

International Captain
No, you don't, not when the "He shouldn't make the team" is quite obviously a joke option and Turbinator presumably voted for that option as a joke. He is only disregarding the opinion, if you can call it that, because it's a joke on Turbinator's behalf.
why is it a joke option??? Maybe some people think he isnt good enough!!!

Perm

why is it a joke option??? Maybe some people think he isnt good enough!!!
That's the joke. Pretty obvious to me that you are only kicking up a fuss because Richard is the one conducting the polls. Poor form.

Swervy

International Captain
That's the joke. Pretty obvious to me that you are only kicking up a fuss because Richard is the one conducting the polls. Poor form.
Smart boy...you seem to be making alot of assumptions.

Just because you think Sachin should be in there, and just because I think he should be in there, and just because you think Turb has said it as a joke, and just because Richard put it in as an option, doesnt actually mean that possibly someone out there doesnt think he is good enough to be in the team.

And if all of a sudden a bunch of people voted for Sachin not to be in the team, do you think it would be right to ignore those opinions, just because you dont agree with them?

Look mate, I will tell you something for free, I don't waste my time carrying out personal vendettas with people on here. If I see something i dont agree with , I will say something. Just so happens Richard says a lot I dont agree with

adharcric

International Coach
but he has stated that intention....If he is asking for the peoples vote, in order to get some sort of team together for an article, then he should, without question, stick with the results of said vote. But he has said that if he doesnt agree with it, he will veto it....which is a complete joke.

It would be better if he came up with a team himself, and then a debate be struck up around that.

This all just looks to be a waste of space IMO
Read it again. He said he could veto (but would not as that would defeat the purpose) when I told him there's nothing he can do to keep Sachin from taking the opener's spot with the current vote tally. He probably shouldn't have said anything at all but he didn't really say he would veto or anything.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Read it again. He said he could veto (but would not as that would defeat the purpose) when I told him there's nothing he can do to keep Sachin from taking the opener's spot with the current vote tally. He probably shouldn't have said anything at all but he didn't really say he would veto or anything.
I must have misunderstood this comment then:

'I'll have some element of veto-style-control over the thing'