• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA t20 tournament

Stefan9

International Debutant
That innings illustrated brevis issue against the short ball. Till he sorts it I would be reluctant to pick him at international level.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That innings illustrated brevis issue against the short ball. Till he sorts it I would be reluctant to pick him at international level.
The only people who want to pick him for international duty are the fair weather casual supports.

What is truly brainless is he could just leave the short ball alone in limited over cricket. It’s gonna give him huge problems in the long form though.

Stefan9

International Debutant
The only people who want to pick him for international duty are the fair weather casual supports.

What is truly brainless is he could just leave the short ball alone in limited over cricket. It’s gonna give him huge problems in the long form though.
Sadly its not only them. the cricket journo's are also clamoring for him to be picked.

Marius

International Debutant
I think there would be nothing wrong with getting Brevis in the squad so he can start working with the Proteas support staff and getting used to the environment, we all know he will play for SA fairly soon, so no harm in getting him in the broader set up so long. Just as long as people don't think he is the saviour of South African white ball cricket.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Sure but expect that from the main stream press but expect a bit more though from the cricket press. Both same to be going with the hype.
You expect to much...

I think there would be nothing wrong with getting Brevis in the squad so he can start working with the Proteas support staff and getting used to the environment, we all know he will play for SA fairly soon, so no harm in getting him in the broader set up so long. Just as long as people don't think he is the saviour of South African white ball cricket.
Having talented youngsters around the Proteas squad is always good, they have done that many times when playing in SA. I think they did that with Jansen, before he was selected. But the calls to be selected into the squad and go to things like the WC is premature at best.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
What a innings by Former Proteas captain ! Who whack at 150 strike rate
Can sunrisers chase 160 ? Difficult to bats on.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Klasasen can be such a frustrating player at times. Remember seeing him dominate cummins, starc and haze over the period of that 3 match ODI series in 2020 just before the VID thinking he was gonna be a beast. Struggled to convert his clear talent on the international stage consistently unfortunately :(

Stefan9

International Debutant
Only thing I have complaints about for this tournament have been the quality of pitches. Been too many poor batting pitches.