• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man this is so slow and boring, been about 3 days since this was meant to start. Time to find a new format or the rookies wont be assigned until next year.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Shaggy: You're definitely right up there in my considerations. It's between you and one other individual, just waiting on confirmation of something from Liam.

Smith has his finger in everyone's... pie. Metaphorically speaking. So I hear.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man this is so slow and boring, been about 3 days since this was meant to start. Time to find a new format or the rookies wont be assigned until next year.
Getting this sorted is not going to make the season start any quicker, so I'm not sure what your concern is.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Getting this sorted is not going to make the season start any quicker, so I'm not sure what your concern is.
Its not about the season starting ASAP, its about giving the rookies a team allocation, so they known where they are playing this season. I know if i was a rookie i might be getting bored and maybe losing interest with this slow process.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its not about the season starting ASAP, its about giving the rookies a team allocation, so they known where they are playing this season. I know if i was a rookie i might be getting bored and maybe losing interest with this slow process.
And these things take time. The fact is that there is constant activity surrounding preparations for the Dev League, and sadly it is impossible to have constant action in the mix too. It's not as though the forum is dead for days at a time. It's blatantly obvious to any rookie - who by now has been contacted by the CWBCC on a couple of occasions of late and undoubtedly by Dev League captains - that moves are being made for them to be signed. The reason it seems to be moving so slowly is because of the time it took for clubs to sign their basic squads. That has nothing to do with rookies.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Kerr is first rookie signing of the season
Will Kerr has been confirmed as the first rookie signing of the season. CW Colts vice-captain Daniel Towns, standing in for Kyle, confirmed the signing had been completed. "I'm delighted to have signed such a fantastic young batsman for the Colts" stated Towns. "We started out with a lot of youngsters at Colts and we've helped develop them into top class players, some of them now demanding regular international appearances. This season we've finally been able to bring in a lot of class batsmen to compliment a strong bowling attack, and this is the youth to balance the experience of Butler and Fitzy.

"I think we're sorted for bats now." he added, "We've got our eyes on a seamer or two as, at the moment, we'll be down to Nick and the spinners come a test series."