• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rob Key - stick to pie-eating

deeps

International 12th Man
Rob Key tends to enrage me whenever he appears in the media. He comes across as smug, arrogant, far too sold on his own abilities and as having a massive chip on his shoulder.

But I thought today's intervention took the biscuit, where he put himself forward for the England captaincy in the World T20. He said:

"I suppose if you look at the squad there is a few of us with captaincy experience, but there are a few things to put right before we get to that. We need to get a coach in and then see who's in the final 15. It would be an unbelievable job [to be captain] - but there are a few who could do it."

Ex-f***-ing-scuse me? "We need to get a coach in"? Who's this "we" from a guy who hasn't played international cricket of any description since 2005, and has hardly set county cricket alight since then?

Why don't you try and get in the squad first, matey, and then try and get into the team, before you start talking about captaining England or making out that you're on the inside somehow? There are at least 4 people ahead of you in the queue at the moment, all of whom walk into the T20 side and have considerable international experience.

C**k off back to your mediocre county.
I've never heard him talk, haven't seen mcuh of his batting, and don't have any opinion at all on Rob Key, but I feel the above post is based on a previous hate for him, as I can't see much wrong at all with both the above responses. Pure bias in my opinion.

tooextracool

International Coach
he's up there with Chris Schofield as being the worst of the last fifteen years though, surely?
Err not really, I could name you at least 5 players who were far worse selections:

Salisbury (almost every time he was picked)
Richard Dawson
Liam Plunkett
Rikki Clarke
Amjad Khan

and thats just amongst the bowlers

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TEC, you've had the word 'overrated' misspelt in your signature for 5 years now. Change it :p