• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Alphabetic Draft Voting Thread

Please select your three top teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@stephen: not quoting your long post here coz it juz causes scrolling issues on phone... The sides you have picked are random. I can easily pick a side better than all of those with Sobers there for Border. The essential point is that if you have great fast bowlers and you want to pick a XI that can win you games anywhere, the second spinner is a lot mroe important than the 4th seamer. That is just a basic fact if you understand how cricket works in different conditions. For particular conditions, particular combinations will be desirable.

I do agree since we are talking about a scenario which will never happen in real life, it is down to opinions. But I will forever stick my neck out that 3+2 is better than 4+1 when it comes to bowling combinations for test cricket. You can even see that I advocate India playing Ash and Jaddu and 3 seamers instead of loading up a useless 6th batsman away from home.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The sides I chose were not random. They were the standard 3/1 side, a 3/2 side with the all rounder as a spinner and a 3/2 side with the all rounder as a fast bowler.

As I said, I deliberately left out Sobers and Kallis because they would arguably make the side based on their batting alone (which defeats the point). So I ask again, which of the three sides do you think would perform better? Failing to answer is basically agreeing with me.