• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Alphabetic Draft Voting Thread

Please select your three top teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please vote for your three top teams (bear in mind that weldone's team is ineligible due to his Bradman pick):

Ataraxia:

1. WH Ponsford /
2. GM Turner /
3. IVA Richards / pt
4. MD Crowe / pt
5. WW Armstrong* / o
6. SR Waugh / pt
7. RJ Hadlee o /
8. WAS Oldfield + /
9. RR Lindwall o /
10. DL Underwood o
11. AA Donald o

Ankitj:

Len Hutton
Roy Fredericks
Hashim Amla
Denis Compton
KS Ranjitsinhji
Clive Lloyd *
Jonny Bairstow +
Joel Garner (2)
Fred Trueman (1)
Brian Statham (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

AndrewB:

Matthew Hayden
Dennis Amiss
Kane Williamson
Steve Smith
Keith Miller (3)
Aubrey Faulkner (6)
Mike Procter (1)
Alan Knott+
Hedley Verity (5)
George Lohmann (4)
Sydney Barnes (2)

KingKallis - CricZo XI:

1. Herbert Sutcliffe /
2. Barry Richards /
3. Clyde Walcott /
4. Rohan Kanhai /
5. Allan Border / ©
6. Mohammad Azharuddin /
7. MS Dhoni + /
8. Harold Larwood o /
9. Michael Holding o
10. Clarrie Grimmett o
11. Glenn McGrath o

Trundler:

Graham Gooch
Bob Simpson 6
George Headley
Greg Chappell 7
Victor Trumper
Jacques Kallis 5
Jack Russell+
Shane Warne 4
Malcolm Marshall 1
Shane Bond 2
Neil Adcock 3

HonestBharani - Honest Hunks

Eddie Paynter
Wally Hammond
Brian Lara ©
Everton Weekes
Shakib Al Hasan (vc)
Mushtaq Mohammed
AB De Villiers (wk)
Ravi Ashwin
Chaminda Vaas
Kagiso Rabada
Frank Tyson

Stephen - Stephen's Champions:

Zaheer Abbas
Bill Woodfull
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Dudley Nourse
Ian Botham 3
Adam Gilchrist+
Kapil Dev 4
Alan Davidson 1
Shoaib Akhtar 2
Jim Laker 5

Pothas:

Sunil Gavaskar
Graeme Smith
Rahul Dravid
Virat Kohli
Mahela Jayawardene
Michael Clarke
Les Ames
Shaun Pollock
Hugh Tayfield
Dennis Lillee
Waqar Younis

Teuton:

Arthur Morris
WG Grace
Younis Khan
Ken Barrington
Mike Hussey
Gary Sobers
Andy Flower
Imran Khan
Andy Roberts
Bill O'Reilly
Bob Willis

SillyCowCorner - SCC1's Alphabet Soup

1. John Edrich
2. Ian Redpath
3. Mudassar Nazar
4. Javed Miandad
5. Frank Worrell *
6. Kumar Sangakkara +
7. Trevor Goddard
8. Dan Vettori
9. Wes Hall
10. Bobby Peel
11. Makhaya Ntini

Weldone - Not Bad Eh? XI (inelligible)

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Sir Donald Bradman *
4. Joe Root (6)
5. Graeme Pollock
6. Quinton de Kock +
7. Mahmadullah (5)
8. Wasim Akram (1)
9. Dale Steyn (2)
10. Curtly Ambrose (3)
11. Bhagwat Chandrasekhar (4)

stephen

Could I just say that this is a very tight draft. Most of these teams are around the same level of strength. I don't think any player here has really nailed a batting lineup that makes me excited for the entire top 6. The bowling attacks in this draft are dreamy though. Wowsers there's some great ones.

Ataraxia - Incredible bowling attack and half an ATG batting lineup. Armstrong, Turner and Crowe although fine batsmen aren't up to the same standard as the rest of your side. Though your side bats down to 9, I think batting Hadlee at 7 is a little high, though Oldfield would probably have been worse there.

Ankitj - a very well rounded side. A few of your players are just below the very top but only by a whisker. Probably the strongest bowling attack in the competition.

AndrewB - great top 4, three top notch all rounders and some fine bowlers. I think all of your players are individually great and you have a ton of bowling options but I think the three all rounders is one too many and it weakens your batting a fraction.

KingKallis - great bowling attack, great keeper, great top 5 and one guy at 6 who is going to throw games for you. Bonus points for not making Walcott keep. Overall one of the top sides. It'll be hard for me to vote for a side with Azhar though.

Trundler - Gooch aside, your top six is amazing. Your bowling attack is excellent too. Russell batting 7 is as close to a weakness as your side gets (other than Bond and Adcock, who let's face it didn't play enough tests to be properly rated).

HonestBharani - not your best draft this one, but I understand you were shooting for Bradman and then pulled out when you missed O'Reilly. Honestly it would have been interesting if you had have gone for it regardless. I'm not a fan of de Villiers as a keeper personally but he was statistically awesome in the role. Your batting lineup is something special (one or two players aside). Lara, Weekes and de Villiers in the same side would make for some spectacular viewing.

Pothas - Probably the best opening combo in the comp. In fact your entire top 4 is gun. Jaya and Clarke are perhaps a notch below the true elites (but are by no means bad). Love the batting depth. Love the bowlers. Top team.

Teuton - Top batting lineup. Really hard to fault it. Bowling is quite good too. A top side. The closest thing to a weakness in your side is Flower's keeping (just his keeping, his batting is great).

SCC - I like that you just DGAF and pick your favourite players. Respect. I had to look up a couple of them to be honest, so you've expanded my cricketing knowledge.

Weldone - The best batting lineup by far simply because of Bradman, though Hobbs just adds to it. The other guys are no slouches either. You also have an amazing bowling attack. Your weaknesses are Mahmadullah (obviously) and Chandra who wasn't as good as some of the top shelf spinners. Still, your side would have easily won this competition if it was eligible.

stephen

As for my own side. It has serviceable openers, an absolutely ripping middle order. Ponting - Tendulkar - Nourse is quite potent. Ponting and Tendulkar being the two biggest test match run scorers in history and Nourse was a minnow batsman who averaged 54, playing nothing but the very best sides. Botham - Gilchrist - Kapil is a monstrous 6-8. The side genuinely bats down to 9 as well, with Davidson being quite an accomplished batsman. The bowling attack I think would work better together in reality than it looks on paper. Davidson and Shoaib opening the bowling gives a metronome and a sheer, brutal quick. Botham and Kapil would both come on and offer something different at first and second change. Laker is the best finger spinning off spinner of all time. Given the four pace options, when conditions favoured pace, Laker would be able to bowl less overs, so there's flexibility there.

I certainly don't think mine is the best side here, but it is up there. Hell, my numbers 3 and 4 have 27000 runs between them. That has to count for something right?

stephen

Man that vote was hard. Could have voted for about 5 teams. Personally I think Teuton's side was the clear best side though.

kingkallis

International Coach
Teuton, Pothas & Trundler.

This was one of the best drafts I played in recent times and I think we should sim this one. Lets see who wins?

kingkallis

International Coach
Could I just say that this is a very tight draft. Most of these teams are around the same level of strength. I don't think any player here has really nailed a batting lineup that makes me excited for the entire top 6. The bowling attacks in this draft are dreamy though. Wowsers there's some great ones.

Ataraxia - Incredible bowling attack and half an ATG batting lineup. Armstrong, Turner and Crowe although fine batsmen aren't up to the same standard as the rest of your side. Though your side bats down to 9, I think batting Hadlee at 7 is a little high, though Oldfield would probably have been worse there.

Ankitj - a very well rounded side. A few of your players are just below the very top but only by a whisker. Probably the strongest bowling attack in the competition.

AndrewB - great top 4, three top notch all rounders and some fine bowlers. I think all of your players are individually great and you have a ton of bowling options but I think the three all rounders is one too many and it weakens your batting a fraction.

KingKallis - great bowling attack, great keeper, great top 5 and one guy at 6 who is going to throw games for you. Bonus points for not making Walcott keep. Overall one of the top sides. It'll be hard for me to vote for a side with Azhar though.

Trundler - Gooch aside, your top six is amazing. Your bowling attack is excellent too. Russell batting 7 is as close to a weakness as your side gets (other than Bond and Adcock, who let's face it didn't play enough tests to be properly rated).

HonestBharani - not your best draft this one, but I understand you were shooting for Bradman and then pulled out when you missed O'Reilly. Honestly it would have been interesting if you had have gone for it regardless. I'm not a fan of de Villiers as a keeper personally but he was statistically awesome in the role. Your batting lineup is something special (one or two players aside). Lara, Weekes and de Villiers in the same side would make for some spectacular viewing.

Pothas - Probably the best opening combo in the comp. In fact your entire top 4 is gun. Jaya and Clarke are perhaps a notch below the true elites (but are by no means bad). Love the batting depth. Love the bowlers. Top team.

Teuton - Top batting lineup. Really hard to fault it. Bowling is quite good too. A top side. The closest thing to a weakness in your side is Flower's keeping (just his keeping, his batting is great).

SCC - I like that you just DGAF and pick your favourite players. Respect. I had to look up a couple of them to be honest, so you've expanded my cricketing knowledge.

Weldone - The best batting lineup by far simply because of Bradman, though Hobbs just adds to it. The other guys are no slouches either. You also have an amazing bowling attack. Your weaknesses are Mahmadullah (obviously) and Chandra who wasn't as good as some of the top shelf spinners. Still, your side would have easily won this competition if it was eligible.
I have Border leading the team. haha!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
stephen said:
It is nice to hear this. My drafting style bordering on legendary now.

Teuton

International Captain
Trundler has stepped up his drafting after lamenting he wasn't getting any votes. He definitely has top 3 teams imho for the last 2 drafts.