• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reserve days

halba

International 12th Man
any reason why these arent used? Especially for rainy countries?
What a huge result for aus.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wouldn’t work with the schedule I guess. You’d have to leave an extra day in between back to back Tests, just in case.

just have a super over when the rain stops ffs

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have had a ****ing reserve day for when Surrey escaped with a draw against Essex this year. That's for damn sure.

For purposes where it wouldn't benefit my team, no way!

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
I can think of a few reasons

- cost
- television scheduling
- already short breaks between tests
- not able to pre-sell tickets well in advance
- 5 days already a long time to play and much talk about reducing tests to 4 days
- fighting for a draw is still exciting, doesn't have to always be a win or loss
- over rates would be even worse if they had a spare day up their sleeve

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can think of a few reasons

- cost
- television scheduling
- already short breaks between tests
- not able to pre-sell tickets well in advance
- 5 days already a long time to play and much talk about reducing tests to 4 days
- fighting for a draw is still exciting, doesn't have to always be a win or loss
- over rates would be even worse if they had a spare day up their sleeve
hi cnerd

also imo just schedule the extra overs for like 6 months later or something. if there are injuries/retirements you play a man down.

ataraxia

International Coach
Personally can't wait for some Pom ghoul to decry the draw and suggest it be replaced with a super over (if there's a tie, it goes to a super ball; if that is tied, England win) to more accurately represent New Test Cricket, which is of course a phenomenon very real and totally not just limited to England, sometimes.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn’t work with the schedule I guess. You’d have to leave an extra day in between back to back Tests, just in case.

How naive of you to think that the rain will ever stop.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Don’t think reserve days are necessary think extending the hours is better but not a big fan of that also. There should be more done to get the overs in and over rate better had we played all 5 days they were probably going to lose like 50 overs

Adorable Asshole

International Regular

Personally can't wait for some Pom ghoul to decry the draw and suggest it be replaced with a super over (if there's a tie, it goes to a super ball; if that is tied, England win) to more accurately represent New Test Cricket, which is of course a phenomenon very real and totally not just limited to England, sometimes.
No just do a boundary count

Anthony Clayden

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nah the crowd get to vote on who wins or we have spirit of the game points that the MCC decide when and for what they are awarded

Molehill

International Captain
Weather is part and parcel of the game. It's unfortunate when you're on the wrong side of it, but it's not something to whinge about. It's outside your control. Stupid ****ing declarations and dropped catches aren't and that's where I'm concentrating my complaints!!

And if Piers Morgan is whinging about the weather then it just confirms that it's not the issue.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Weather is part and parcel of the game. It's unfortunate when you're on the wrong side of it, but it's not something to whinge about. It's outside your control. Stupid ****ing declarations and dropped catches aren't and that's where I'm concentrating my complaints!!

And if Piers Morgan is whinging about the weather then it just confirms that it's not the issue.
Rubbish tactics in the first test , fourth innings when the game was in our favour and the braindead cricket from 188-1 in the first innings second test should also be part of the discussion for me.