• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Referrals?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Just wondering what is meant by the "referrals" listed after "find all posts..." and "find all threads..." in a user's profile.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just wondering what is meant by the "referrals" listed after "find all posts..." and "find all threads..." in a user's profile.
From the FAQ:

FAQ said:
What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting Cricket Web using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://forum.cricketweb.net/index.php?referrerid=2

Each time someone follows this link to Cricket Web and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Cricket Web by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many times your post has been reported (referred), maybe that was what shortpitched713 thought it was.

FRAZ

International Captain
Yeah thats why I have 4 beside my referral heading . I had many others too and I guess that they did not punch in who referred this site while signing up !!!!

Loony BoB

International Captain
No when you ask or people ask you whats the web address for CW if they want to join you have your own Referrer ID that you can give to them this then tracks them signing up through your own unique Referrer ID.

Yours is below.

http://forum.cricketweb.net/index.php?referrerid=8916
...however, even if you don't go down this route, there is still a field when you sign up that should allow you to enter in a username. At another forum I go to, I have 13 referrals... beaten only by the member "None" who has 16. :p