• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rajeev's latest avatar

cricket player

International Debutant
Notice the foot movement. :)

The first one(natwest)because of the ball pitching directly up to the waist slidely out side off stump.He had to move back a inch or two to get his arm free.

The second one(world cup) the ball already is pitched through the off stump this time slidely wider and faster and that gave him more time to react and hit it for six.

cricket player

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
and sachin would have cover driven/straight-driven that natwest delivery..
Sachin will lean forward to get the weight on the ball :)

For example notic sehwag taking a step back?if it was sachin he would take a step forward towards the covers move back a little bet to free his arm the lean into it and put it through the covers :D

Bouncer

State Regular
Hey that Java Monkie was totally My own creation, Fraz has nothin to do with it!!!!!! I guess i dont like to talk anything other than Cricket here, and i only like to talk about Cricket that i see myself, unlike someother people on various Cricket forums who just comment based on Cricinfo.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey, is that Shoaib in the second one? his action looks so dodgy, even though i DONT think he chucks or anything, theres just a bad angle of his arm at one point, looks crooked as a question mark.... anywho...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought exactly the same thing - it looks like the most blatant chuck ever... was hoping no-one else'd mentioned it! :)
The cause is obviosly the low fps ratio.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bouncer said:
Hey i guess if every body is commenting about Avrtar, then how about mine, i would like to think i started this avtar thingi at CW! :cool:
Your avatar's great, Bouncer, I've always liked it.
It even made Shoaib look like Chris Martin when I looked at it once.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
Hi Richard, you want me to attach it in my post or keep it in the avatar?

I can put something from that innings too, will make it soon
I was thinking attach it to a post... you change your avatar so often it'll only be here for posterity for a short time. :)

cricket player

International Debutant
Richard said:
I thought exactly the same thing - it looks like the most blatant chuck ever... was hoping no-one else'd mentioned it! :)
Notice the differene between gough and shoaib akhtar!

Shoiab akhtar runs and bowls with his elbow bend a bit and if you take a look at gough his elbow is straight tell the last moment.

I think i would call shoaib akhtar a chucker at this ocassion after seeing the slow motion avatar :)

Sehwag309

Banned
Its the fps

I extracted the images of the video..I will attach all the images of that, maybe then it can be a fair call..

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
When bowling in the 150 to 160's per hoursurely their is some form of optical illusion?

With that footage the square leg umpire would have been well with in his rights to call him for throwing...