• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

poll

how would you rate irelands world cup preformance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LA ICE-E

State Captain
No, it didn't. The season for cricket has barely started over here, we don't know how many people in Ireland have started to take the game up.
Well it's certainly more popular here then it was a few months back.
The national newspapers have full length articles on matchs that are happening.
I mean they're only articles on the big games happening, but before the world cup the only mention of cricket would be in the miniscule sports round up or in jest.
Not only national newspapers but the local newspapers have started reporting on the local cricket teams, which again before the world cup, no one knew existed.
fair enough for you?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
TBH, I thought it was entirely appropriate. There's being a newcomer and there's not knowing some of the most basic game-traits. I knew what a Test was when I was 7.
ah test isn't the basics of the game-traits, the basics are playing with a bat and a ball etcc, status of a match is hardly anything basic.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ah test isn't the basics of the game-traits, the basics are playing with a bat and a ball etcc, status of a match is hardly anything basic.
So far as following the game is concerned, it's one of the basic traits. So far as playing it is concerned, picking-up a bat and ball are.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
So far as following the game is concerned, it's one of the basic traits. So far as playing it is concerned, picking-up a bat and ball are.
the basic traits or following the games are knowing which game is test status and which is first class? I don't think so.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
No you can certainly influence it. If people saw cricket here and had a big hype that it's a sick sport then that would certainly influence people's interest to shift at cricket a bit. the world cup influence quite a few people in Ireland to take up interest now they have to try and maintain it.
No, it didn't. The season for cricket has barely started over here, we don't know how many people in Ireland have started to take the game up.
Well it's certainly more popular here then it was a few months back.
The national newspapers have full length articles on matchs that are happening.
I mean they're only articles on the big games happening, but before the world cup the only mention of cricket would be in the miniscule sports round up or in jest.
Not only national newspapers but the local newspapers have started reporting on the local cricket teams, which again before the world cup, no one knew existed.
It's not a case of what's happening now, it's a case of what happens in the next 2 or 3 years.
What?You keep changing your stand once you start to lose and never just say ok yeah your right or ok yeah im wrong or good point but you just move the topic a little bit to cover it up. You said you can't influence people's interest, but the truth is you can, either for a month or years that depends. So now you don't say that yes you could influence people's interest but say it's not a case of hat's happening now, it's a case of what happens in the next 2 or 3 years? I already said they got the interest and now they have to try and maintain yet. but all of a sudden you start taking a different stand and start talking about something else.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
the basic traits or following the games are knowing which game is test status and which is first class? I don't think so.
How so? I think it's very basic really.

However, as I said, even the basics have to be learnt at one stage or another. He's new to the game - fair enough he didn't know it.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
How so? I think it's very basic really.

However, as I said, even the basics have to be learnt at one stage or another. He's new to the game - fair enough he didn't know it.
Well I didn't know what first class status was and I was still a pretty good cricket fan. being a cricket fan, all you need to do is know the basic rules of the game and when you watching it you just root for a team, that's basic. you don't need to know what status the game is.

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey richard and prince EWS, i thought this forum was for talking about cricket, but all i've ever seen ye do is smugly look down upon people, and when any1 makes the slightest mistake, ye pounce and completely rip on them, how's that gunna get people more interested in cricket????:huh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hey richard and prince EWS, i thought this forum was for talking about cricket, but all i've ever seen ye do is smugly look down upon people, and when any1 makes the slightest mistake, ye pounce and completely rip on them, how's that gunna get people more interested in cricket????:huh:
They can be a bit harsh sometimes, but people do learn from their mistakes and often come out of a particular argument with a greater knowledge of the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can understand you saying that about me, but it's pretty poor to drag Rob (Prince EWS) into that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What?You keep changing your stand once you start to lose and never just say ok yeah your right or ok yeah im wrong or good point but you just move the topic a little bit to cover it up. You said you can't influence people's interest, but the truth is you can, either for a month or years that depends. So now you don't say that yes you could influence people's interest but say it's not a case of hat's happening now, it's a case of what happens in the next 2 or 3 years? I already said they got the interest and now they have to try and maintain yet. but all of a sudden you start taking a different stand and start talking about something else.
What use is it influencing people to play the game... for all of 5 months? It's not.

I don't say I'm wrong very often because I'm not wrong very often. This is one such instance.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
What use is it influencing people to play the game... for all of 5 months? It's not.

I don't say I'm wrong very often because I'm not wrong very often. This is one such instance.
Ah was that the point though? No it was not, the point was you said you couldn't influence peoples interest and you were plain wrong.

No that's clearly a lie right there. 'cause you 're wrong in a lot of case but you just shy away from what you were first talking about and then talk about something slightingly different. And no I'm not going to look up thread to prove you this but just know that I know that you know you're wrong in a lot of cases but you just try to cover it up. You don't say you're wrong because you can't accept yourself as being wrong or see the point someone is making but you just talk about something else when you got nothing else to say and correct people in their spelling or talk about things the other person was not talking about. I'll give you an example- I said give Ireland test status and see how many Irish cricketers wants to play for England, now that was hypothetical because you know I wasn't saying it's time to give Ireland test status and I was just making a point if the players currently playing in England would still play for them then, but what is your reply? Why not give Finland test status too. WTF?

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Yeah Prince EWS isn't that bad.

Fiery

Banned
It's a condition with Richard. He finds it necessary to post on every thread as often as possible. He's everywhere, all of the time. Sometimes his posts can be cynical, sometimes friendly, sometimes very wise, sometimes idiotic but you can set your watch to their regularity

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah was that the point though? No it was not, the point was you said you couldn't influence peoples interest and you were plain wrong.
I didn't, you just presumed I meant what you wanted me to mean. While I may not have specifically stated long-term rather than instant was the thing in question, that was actually what I meant. You cannot influence people's interest. If it comes, it comes.
No that's clearly a lie right there. 'cause you 're wrong in a lot of case but you just shy away from what you were first talking about and then talk about something slightingly different. And no I'm not going to look up thread to prove you this but just know that I know that you know you're wrong in a lot of cases but you just try to cover it up. You don't say you're wrong because you can't accept yourself as being wrong or see the point someone is making but you just talk about something else when you got nothing else to say and correct people in their spelling or talk about things the other person was not talking about.
I say I'm wrong if I believe I'm wrong. That doesn't happen all that often, though. Some people don't understand what I understand, and due to their own ill-informedness believe that I'm wrong, however.
I'll give you an example- I said give Ireland test status and see how many Irish cricketers wants to play for England, now that was hypothetical because you know I wasn't saying it's time to give Ireland test status and I was just making a point if the players currently playing in England would still play for them then, but what is your reply? Why not give Finland test status too. WTF?
The point there is that

Anyway, I've plenty of experience of this with tec, and there's no point saying the same thing 3 times in 6 different threads.

Fiery

Banned
I should add that a large percentage of Richard's posts are explaining himself to people he has confused or annoyed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:huh:

I can understand you saying that about me, but it's pretty poor to drag Rob (Prince EWS) into that.
:( :cry:

And it probably was for the member we're discussing, as well. He's brand new to the game, don't forget.
However, as I said, even the basics have to be learnt at one stage or another. He's new to the game - it's fair enough he didn't know it.
That'll teach me to arrr... stick up for people...