• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Speak Out!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
to be honest the ball never looked like hitting the stumps and even after it did at first i thought the keeper knocked the bails down. any umpire who gave an lbw to that ball were it to hit the pad would have to be a very brave one indeed.
They'd have been stupid, indeed. My thoughts were the same when I watched the Collingwood delivery.
I don't see that it proves a hell of a lot, really - any more than the fact that it couldn't interpret that Warne ball to Trescothick last summer.
No-one has ever suggested giving players out whenever the HawkEye shows the bails coming off, only when it shows it hitting pretty conclusively.